Why no 1000' records??? (1 Viewer)

PJ

Staff Member
Staff member
Administrator
Nitro Member
I was surprised to see during the tv coverage when they listed on news and changes for the year they mentioned no records for the nitro classes.

I didn't get it last year when they didn't count it but I really don't understand it this year. If they care going to race at that length why not count it? It gives team a marketing ploy if they are the one that hits the record. Plus its something the sport can piont attention too.

By the end of the season they will have raced 1 1/2 years at 1000', I doubt they go back to the 1/4 so why not let whatever records happen now stand?
Even if they do go back to the 1/4 there's nothing wrong with having records for different lengths. I think the back of the ND shows 1/8 records now.

I'm with ya' PJ, the optimist in me tells me maybe the only reason they aren't recognizing 1000 ft records is because they really do plan to go back to 1320. Still, there would be nothing wrong with having 1000 ft records in the meantime.

No, no, no- yur not gettin it Peej... if they tell racers there's a record, that will be telling them that its ok to go faster/ quicker...:rolleyes:

Haven't you gotten it yet? Faster/ Quicker= BAD :D

What do you think this is? Competition? ;)

NHRA missed the perfect opportunity, they need a starting place for the 1000' records, Pomona would have been the perfect place for starting a new record book, as it is the first race of the 2009 season, everyone had an opportunity to run there, the fastest ET and Speed in every class would be the new record, then every race after Pomona those records could have been challenged.

It's a know fact that NHRA never has been accused of being the brightest bulb in Glendora

good thing for antron they're not.
his 3.70??? would be a hard pill to swallow if pts. not allowed

Why would they waste time with 1000 ft. records? They already have 1/8 mile records started. They'll just wait and start using them, when they go to the shorter strip for safety and insurance reasons. :rolleyes: Stay tuned. ;)

Why would they waste time with 1000 ft. records? They already have 1/8 mile records started. They'll just wait and start using them, when they go to the shorter strip for safety and insurance reasons. :rolleyes: Stay tuned. ;)

Ooph! Mr Jean! Diet Pepsi to spray and clean my monitor! Works every time!
Don't say chit like that!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back