Who's going to Joliet? (1 Viewer)

Definitely Friday

Maybe Saturday

Probably not Sunday

We're on the entry list, but we won't be racing there. The car is leaving for McKinney's on Monday so a second body can be made.;)

i find out on Saturday if i got the weekend off of work......keep your fingers crossed for me :confused:

We're going, flying out of Charlotte Thursday night. Boy, am I Jonesin' for some nitro!

I will be there Friday afternoon thru Sunday. I do not know what time I will get there because I have to give a presentation on the business performance to the important people who sign my paycheck around 10am.

Hi all...

Im driving over for Friday qualifying and coming back Sunday for eliminations.
Im bringing my 17 yo daughter who was introduced and addicted to Nitro at age 8, and also bringin two new "recruits", (my Fiancees 2 girls), who have yet to experience NHRA racing live.
Everyone is pretty pumped up and I cant wait to see the looks on their faces when they hear, feel and smell a nitro car for the 1st time and then cut them loose in the pits with new sharpies and fresh t-shirts.

Skyler and I look forward to this every year, and were counting down the days.

Take care all and be safe traveling!!!

Scott

I'd love to go, only problem is my flight from London (England) arrives in NYC at 22.40 on Saturday, So getting down to Chicago on the Sunday in time, would be out of the question, I'd think about it if I could get in for Mondays testing, anyone know the deal with that??

Mike

I'm flying in Friday morning and leaving Sunday after eliminations. Does anybody have recommendations for places to eat near the track?

I am planning to go over on Saturday morning and stay till the end of eliminations on Sunday. Have to leave a soon as I can so I get back for work on Monday. I have not been to NHRA drag race since St. Louis and already feel the lack of Nitro and Rubber. Should be a lot of photos on my site after the race.

Want to thank those that visited the site after St. Louis. I will let you know when I have the images from Joliet uploaded.

Heading down on Friday. I'm hoping to catch half a day on Saturday and the whole day on Sunday....the big thing is I am bringing my three girls, ages 9,8, & 6. We went last year and it was a bit stressful, but I'm hoping this year might be easier...:eek: Cya there!

My parents are flying out this Monday for a visit specifically timed around this race. The three of us will be there all day Friday. My 6 year old son loves it, loves Ron Capps and John Force. He says it is too loud, even with the ear protection. He is my mini me, but where did that come from? I am hoping maybe next year when he is 7 I will take him back and try again. LOL
Are we doing a meeting for Friday? what time? at the Nitro mall like last year?

Question...

Skyler and I were planning things out the trip to Joliet on the phone yesterday and came up with these questions.....

How does one know if there will be teams staying over to test on Monday?
Can fans like us come back to watch?

Just curious and I thought if anyone had these answers it would be the 'mater community.

Thanks for any help you can give us....

Scott

Question...

Skyler and I were planning things out the trip to Joliet on the phone yesterday and came up with these questions.....

How does one know if there will be teams staying over to test on Monday?
Can fans like us come back to watch?

Just curious and I thought if anyone had these answers it would be the 'mater community.

Thanks for any help you can give us....

Scott

Dang Scott, for a second I thought you said Sylar and I , i.e. Heroes! I may have cancelled the trip!:p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back