Which Tracks Get Your Vote for.... (1 Viewer)

DAN

Nitro Member
..the most unusual, crazy, awe-inspiring, scenic, etc??
Post some pics if you have them.
Ive seen pics of tracks with breaking areas that veer left at 30degree angles, wildly uphill breaking areas, funny looking control towers, tracks with awesome scenery (Alaska's Dragway comes to mind)....some of the 1/8 mile tracks are amongst the craziest/coolest.
Post your stories and pics if you have them.

Daniel, I am biased. But, Pacific Raceways by Seattle is beautiful with the trees, mountains. Yes, it was home for years, so means more to me too.
When we'd race at Woodburn, OR quite often there would be hot air balloons taking off in the mornings. That was a cool backdrop too.

My favorite track is Vegas. It has decent scenery, you usually get to see an all day air show because Nellis Air Force is right next door, and facility itself is top notch from the reserved grandstand to the all paved pit area. Plus, I there's gambling available at a multitude of establishments nearby. What more could one ask for?

Bristol. I am sure Pacific is beautiful but haven't been there. Of the tracks I have been to, Bristol is the prettiest. Super nice people there too!!

Norwalk doesn't have any scenic vistas but the Halloween Havoc is a sight to been seen.

1lb of Ice cream for $1 for us ice cream-oholics thats a dream come true

And like someone said the Night of Fire is awesome. It was one of the few places that I have been (not just drag racing but any business) that I actually feel valued as a customer.

..the most unusual, crazy, awe-inspiring, scenic, etc??Post some pics if you have them.
Ive seen pics of tracks with breaking areas that veer left at 30degree angles, wildly uphill breaking areas, funny looking control towers, tracks with awesome scenery (Alaska's Dragway comes to mind)....some of the 1/8 mile tracks are amongst the craziest/coolest.
Post your stories and pics if you have them.

P8110148.jpg

P8110124.jpg

P8110140.jpg

P8110102.jpg

Gotta vote for Bandimere. Beautiful scenery, great layout (downhill staging lanes and uphill shutoff area, and some of the nicest people (both track employees and racers) you'd ever want to meet.

The Most scenic track I've been to is by Far Denver! It's just to bad they're at 5,800 ft and it's usually Hotter than Sheit in the Summer when they run there!

Of the tracks I have been to my vote would either go with Maple Grove because of its location in the middle of the country or Sonoma. Here's a picture I took at Sonoma from the top end.

be10J4sOMWAKkKeeBkh2JUXMeHzFeJW9jFPX_l.jpg

All images from 1985. More....

Brain85050.jpg

Brain85052.jpg

Brain85053.jpg

Brain85054.jpg

Anybody have any information as to the real reason they filled it in??

Bristol and Seattle have to be the two most scenic tracks I`ve been to. Pomona ain`t bad either, with the snow capped San Gabriel Mountains off in the distance.

I've only been to Sears Point, but I gotta say that Bristol looks extremely nice on the TV...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back