Where's the weight??? (1 Viewer)

I am not saying it's the right move, nor am I saying it's the wrong move. I am glad that we are all back to the same weight, but at the same time the Buells still got punished for two races with weight, no one else did. Seems kind of unfair. But like someone said before, I guess this is about the best apology from NHRA that we will get.

Go Matt!!!

Is that the same weight as before or do you mean the same as in equal for everyone???:confused:

My first post, I've been reading and watching post on and off for some time now just never thought about chiming in until now. NHRA needs to stop the B.S. about cutting PSM back if going faster than 6.90. How interesting would Pro Stock Car be if they stopped them at 6.90? I've heard that ......
1. They are concerned for the drivers safety, I understand that but how much more hurt are you going to be having a problem running 6.80 versus 6.90. I remember Pro Mod bikes running 6.80's 12 years ago on marginal race tracks and some with very marginal (JUNKY) equipment with little or no problems. It's My opinon that NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle racers are the elite motorcycle drag races of this era, they are Professionals and have to meet certain skill requirments to be liscensed and allowed to compete, let them race and chase records, that's what they do.

2. Economics..........? That word should never be used in the same sentence with RACE. Racing is exspensive no matter what class your involved with and putting 100 lbs. on all the bikes won't effect the cost (except the well funded teams would buy tungstun instead of lead) one bit. The teams with money and knowledge will always be at the top,that's the way it's always been and always will be.

My team as of right now can't run 6.80's, were doing all we can do to run 6.90's but we want an opportunity to chase they 6.80's if we can get there,the numbers been run, it's the pinnicle were all chasing,I don't care if it's a Harley a Buell or a Suzuki or what color it is, Angelle did a great job running a 6.87 , now someone needs to run a 6.86 so this class continues to grow, it's the best it's ever been and we need to keep the momentum and not go backwards.
Thanks for your Time, Mark Peiser
PS. This thing keeps saying I need to post and tell everyone Hello, Hi everyone.

My first post, I've been reading and watching post on and off for some time now just never thought about chiming in until now. NHRA needs to stop the B.S. about cutting PSM back if going faster than 6.90. How interesting would Pro Stock Car be if they stopped them at 6.90? I've heard that ......
1. They are concerned for the drivers safety, I understand that but how much more hurt are you going to be having a problem running 6.80 versus 6.90. I remember Pro Mod bikes running 6.80's 12 years ago on marginal race tracks and some with very marginal (JUNKY) equipment with little or no problems. It's My opinon that NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle racers are the elite motorcycle drag races of this era, they are Professionals and have to meet certain skill requirments to be liscensed and allowed to compete, let them race and chase records, that's what they do.

2. Economics..........? That word should never be used in the same sentence with RACE. Racing is exspensive no matter what class your involved with and putting 100 lbs. on all the bikes won't effect the cost (except the well funded teams would buy tungstun instead of lead) one bit. The teams with money and knowledge will always be at the top,that's the way it's always been and always will be.

My team as of right now can't run 6.80's, were doing all we can do to run 6.90's but we want an opportunity to chase they 6.80's if we can get there,the numbers been run, it's the pinnicle were all chasing,I don't care if it's a Harley a Buell or a Suzuki or what color it is, Angelle did a great job running a 6.87 , now someone needs to run a 6.86 so this class continues to grow, it's the best it's ever been and we need to keep the momentum and not go backwards.
PS. This thing keeps saying I need to post and tell everyone Hello, Hi everyone.

I here ya!
Welcome to the mater Mark! :D

I do miss the occasional 4.60's in F/C haven't seen one is a while! :rolleyes :rolleyes:

Mark - Check your Private Messages, Thanks, JC

well this at least right the wrong of the original error to add lbs to the Buells. Good job nhra, granted the Buell still got hosed for 2 races but its too late to worry about that now.

Of course now that you've shown that you are wise enough to undo mistakes, lets talk about that points thing :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back