Where to sit at Bristol. And........ (1 Viewer)

I have your $20 and you'll still need a racer's credentials to get in-Sometimes they check for credentials and sometimes they don't.

One really neat perspective of the track is to go to the top of the hill behind the pro pits, where the "Sharpie" sign is located. You get to see the entire run side by side, instead of having to watch part of the run from the front or rear. And because it is in "The Valley", there's still plenty of engine volume.

Murdock.

One really neat perspective of the track is to go to the top of the hill behind the pro pits, where the "Sharpie" sign is located. You get to see the entire run side by side, instead of having to watch part of the run from the front or rear. And because it is in "The Valley", there's still plenty of engine volume.

Murdock.

I always saw A FEW people up there but thought they shouldnt be up there becuz of safety reasons. Hey if its allowed im there this year.

We did the TVC last year at Bristol, but spent most of the weekend standing along the TVC fence. Very nice patio layout there where you can sit and eat (or drink beers). We did watch the second round and semis on Sunday at the 1000 ft. mark, from in front of Bacas pit, and it was awesome down there. Lot of drivers and crew guys lined up at the fence there watching...Densham, Baca, Carrier Boyz, Berserko Bob etc. Great track, glad I went, but I`m looking forward to be going back to Vegas 1 this year.

I'd love to go to Bristol at least once, but I'd probably have to can G-Ville or Houston in that event. But almost everytime I see the races at Bristol on TV the attendance looks Terrible! I guess if it doesn't turn left in that part of the Country it doesn't sell!

I'd love to go to Bristol at least once, but I'd probably have to can G-Ville or Houston in that event. But almost everytime I see the races at Bristol on TV the attendance looks Terrible! I guess if it doesn't turn left in that part of the Country it doesn't sell!

The attendance at Bristol is great-Burton has expanded the seating as a result of it-you've watched the rainouts on Monday.

Canning Baytown in favor of Bristol is no great loss Joe, believe me.

Joe, I have never been to Baytown and don't have any great desire to go to Houston (sorry Kelly) so I would have to agree with Chris, if you have to drop one of these two races, drop Houston and go to Bristol. You will NOT regret it. There is no finer facility in such gorgeous surroundings as Thunder Valley Dragway. The sound is awesome, the sights are incredible! I can't speak for the crowds as I only attended one day, Friday qualifying, and it was 99% rained out which was the only day I could go. The crowds were light, as could be expected, as I would not have gone to the track based on looking at the sky and the forecast, but I took my chances. There was a 4-5 hour window without rain, but that was used up by the track drying jets and track prep crew. Only got to see one hour to 1.5 hrs of Super Stock/Stock classes run before the rain came back, so the Pro's never got on the track. Pro Stock had just been called to the staging lanes when the rains came back and washed out the rest of the day. Arghh!!

I'm going to watch how the weather is at Bristol real close since they bumped it 3 weeks later into May. That should hopefully get this race out of the rainy/cold season of April as my mountain friends always tell me to come up in May not April as you could still get snow in April in Bristol or the North Carolina High Country and a few years ago they did, right around the time of the Bristol Nascar Race #1. I'm skipping Bristol this year but hope to attend next year.

Last edited:
Canning Baytown in favor of Bristol is no great loss Joe, believe me.

One Plus for me about Houston is I have 2 sisters, and Brother and Niece that all live there. So it makes it a family reunion of sorts. Plus Houston's MUCH cheaper to go to than Bristol is, my Airfare to Houston was just $178! I priced airfares to Bristol a couple of years back, and it was over $450 to Tri-citys and Knoxville both. Who knows, one of these years...

Thunder Valley Usa....

As the nature boy himself would say ...WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BABY DOLL , IT'S LIKE A RIDE ON SPACE MOUNTAIN ..WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..

Ok ..I feel better now...Chris , I met you last year, you coming back ? Murdock, I know you will be back ....right ?

Also I appreciate all the postive feedback for my hometrack !...Just one of the finest facilities anywhere...Ok Bruton, send my check please.:D

Doug, sorry to say we aren`t returning to Bristol this year...the bright lights of Sin City are calling us back!

Re: Thunder Valley Usa....

Registered member said:
Yes, sir, my ticket order for the RV site on the hill by the Sharpie sign is next to me at the computer, and goes into the mail tomorrow.

Hey Chris, you're missing another good opportunity to meet up with some good folks. (Me, Hammer, Ron, etc.:) :) )

Murdock.

Chris sorry you can't make it..Murdock...

Glad to see you will be there , I'm trying to plan my trip as we speak..Choices choices choices..I have been invited to the Masters..for two day ??? ...Wednesday, Thursday ..Merlefest is the last of April..can't make that for sure..Thunder valley ..mid May , will be there ...Charlotte ( NASCAR ) Memorial day week-end ????? The only one I'm sure is ..well you know which that is ........I'm suppossed to hook up with Alan Reinhart for a beer and hear the Autin Coil " toothpick " story..By the way ..still waiting on the lunch ...:D

You could fly into Charlotte,NC (may be cheaper) and drive by way of Hickory, NC. That would be a great road trip into Bristol. Any seat is a good seat there but I enjoy the starting line best.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back