Where to sit at Bristol. And........ (1 Viewer)

Suzanne

Nitro Member
I usually like to sit on the starting line one day and then the furthest down the track seating for the finals, this track is so different from others Ive been to, any suggestion on exact sections and rows for the maximum effect TV is known for?

Also regarding flying in, I have been on vacation to TN the last two years, I have flown in to Knoxville, and Nashville in the past as the TRI airport is much more expensive to fly into. I love to drive as part of my vacation, so what other airports in that region should I check out. 6 hours of leisurly driving is fine.
Thanks for any help. I have accomidations with family so thats all handled.

Last edited:
For local sightseeing, Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are a must. Knoxville's airport is in my hometown. I'll PM you (and anyone else who wants them) with directions for a more scenic back way into G'burg from the airport.

Both towns are sorta tourist traps. Gatlinburg is in/surrounded by the Smokey Mountains Nat'l Park, so it's grown commercially about all it has room to. This limitation keeps the size of the town down to where the thing to do is park in one of the many lots off the main street, then walk all the gift shops. One of the candy shops has a big taffee pulling machine that's been working since the 20s (in that store since the 50s). You'll see kids and adults standing at the window, mezmerized. There's a Ripley's believe it or not, etc.

Pigeon Forge is about a five minute drive out of G'burg. One side of it's city line is up against the park. It's bigger area-wise and has more room for bigger attractions, such as Dollywood theme park, etc. Probably has 20 go cart tracks, bungee jumping, etc.

On the other side of G'burg in the park is Cades Cove with it's 11 mile one way loop road that takes you to a lot of preserved cabins, churches, a mill, etc. TONS of hiking trails that vary in length and difficulty.

Warning. LOL, Rex came down last Spring. Liked the place so much that he and his girlfriend came back for a little time off last Fall. They ended up in one of the many local wedding chapels before the week was up! They DID get better than the $99 drive-thu special!

Last edited:
Since Bristol doesnt have alky cars the best place to sit is at home.

Bristol is awesome no matter where you sit!

I feel spoiled though by the GatorNationals as pretty much every category runs here, PSC, PSM, Pro Mod, Alcohol FC & TAD/AFD plus the Nitro FC & TF so you get to see pretty much everything except maybe Drag Snow Mobiles. :cool:

If you want the best, check out Bruton's Suite. It's on the top of the grandstand and it is awesome. You can buy single tickets to a VIP suite, and it comes with catering, (not just burgers and dogs but real food) VIP parking and elevator access to the suite. It obviously costs more, but it's a really cool package.

Alan

It's the sportsman racer in me, but the further down track you sit and sit up high. Sitting down track and up high is like seeing the race from the Sanyo Blimp. Sometimes I'm spotting from the 1000' foot at bristol (it's the best track we've raced at for spotting-the only one that would match it is Bandimere) and There are all these motor homes parked along there and those folks know what they are doing.

It's the sportsman racer in me, but the further down track you sit and sit up high. Sitting down track and up high is like seeing the race from the Sanyo Blimp. Sometimes I'm spotting from the 1000' foot at bristol (it's the best track we've raced at for spotting-the only one that would match it is Bandimere) and There are all these motor homes parked along there and those folks know what they are doing.

If you are spotting, I think you are at the wrong track in Bristol!

Outside .... outside .... outside .... CLEAR!

Please elaborate on the motor home statement, I believe my Dad is going to Bristol with the RV ... maybe some info I would want to pass along ...

Alan is right about the suites for sure....

Also, you may consider flying into Roanoke Va, you're alittle over two hours ( 2 : and a half from the track..There is no other track like THUNDER VALLEY USA ...thats for sure ...:D

I want to know how to get on the pit side bleachers at Bristol - not the Kenny Bernstein stands or whatever - but the small section of seats at about 500' or so. Those look like the best seats to me, but I don't know how you get them.

DLB

I want to know how to get on the pit side bleachers at Bristol - not the Kenny Bernstein stands or whatever - but the small section of seats at about 500' or so. Those look like the best seats to me, but I don't know how you get them.

DLB

Now those seats will cost you a little more-they are reserved for the racers. So first you get a race car, trailer, and hauler, then you enter and race at enough points races or national opens to get the right to enter a national event, then you spend $250 for the entry fee, plus 70-80 for each crew person. But it sure is cool when your car goes down the track and you are driving it or as in my case (on occasion), you are at the starting line. And if that win light comes on-WOW. And if you really get lucky, you win the whole damn race and your car ends up on the cover of National Dragster-that is truly priceless.

Ok Alan Reinhart-I don't mean to brag, but I just couldn't resist.

NHRA: National DRAGSTER (Issue 34: Sept. 8, 2006)

Last edited:
Now those seats will cost you a little more-they are reserved for the racers. So first you get a race car, trailer, and hauler, then you enter and race at enough points races or national opens to get the right to enter a national event, then you spend $250 for the entry fee, plus 70-80 for each crew person. But it sure is cool when your car goes down the track and you are driving it or as in my case (on occasion), you are at the starting line. And if that win light comes on-WOW. And if you really get lucky, you win the whole damn race and your car ends up on the cover of National Dragster-that is truly priceless.

Ok Alan Reinhart-I don't mean to brag, but I just couldn't resist.

NHRA: National DRAGSTER (Issue 34: Sept. 8, 2006)

LOL. Yeah, you could do it the hard way like Dave did OR you could slip someone a twenty!!! :D :eek: :rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back