What is the theoretical Top Speed (1 Viewer)

jpee

Nitro Member
What is the fastest a TF car can run (MPH) in the 1/4... we know that it HAS to have 3.20 rear end ratio, and it now has a rev limiter 8250 (I think) and I'm not sure of the diameter of the slicks at 300+ mph.. but all these are a given.. i.e. RPM gear ratio, and tire diameter..given those figures I would imagine that the Top Speed of a TF car could possibly be figured out mathematically. ?

Or am I way off base? I guess ET can go a lot lower IF they can find traction... but as for MPH I don't think they can go over 336mph??

Last edited:
What is the fastest a TF car can run (MPH) in the 1/4... we know that it HAS to have 3.20 rear end ratio, and it now has a rev limiter 8250 (I think) and I'm not sure of the diameter of the slicks at 300+ mph.. but all these are a given.. i.e. RPM gear ratio, and tire diameter..given those figures I would imagine that the Top Speed of a TF car could possibly be figured out mathematically. ?

Or am I way off base? I guess ET can go a lot lower IF they can find traction... but as for MPH I don't think they can go over 336mph??

Not trying to be a smart a$$, but for what it's worth, Schumacher has already gone over 336. 337.58 to be exact at my home track, Brainerd in '05. Granted, it wasn't backed up for a record, but I remember seeing the run and thinking before the number came up "wow, he's on a really good pass".

Not trying to be a smart a$$, but for what it's worth, Schumacher has already gone over 336. 337.58 to be exact at my home track, Brainerd in '05. Granted, it wasn't backed up for a record, but I remember seeing the run and thinking before the number came up "wow, he's on a really good pass".

OK Cut by Balzzz of for being .58 mph off... lets change the # to 340 or 341.. The point I'm asking IS THERE A SPECIFIC # THAT THESE CARS CAN RUN?

okay, gee... mandate a 4.10 rear end with the rev limited and you'll slow down the TT... and kill a ton of aluminium....

d'kid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back