What do you remember most about Pomona 07? (1 Viewer)

all I could think watching it is that this was the first race of the season that doesn't matter. damn fake championships system

Seeing Wilk run 4.72, going from 17th to 3rd at the time and finishing qualified 5th, oh my mistake, it was not on tv, no room to much JFR I was dreaming it was, but I did listen to it on the web,

Well, anytime Capps gets beat is a memorable moment! Nice going Jeff, that made my Sunday.
Morgans jaw dropping A/Fuel pass.
Those new vodka shakers at the beer tent....$13 and an extra shot for just $7 more!
Saturdays final fuel qualifying session, could it get any more dramatic?
Staying out of harms way Friday night driving back to the hotel after dinner at Benihanas.
Watching the rain go away Sunday morning.

I most remember scattered moments of silence after several Paul Page errors. Yikes! But, he'll get better. Won't he?

I think we should remember the overall "optimism" everyone had last week. Pomona 2 will be a very different race in the pro ranks. Because by then as we all know, the "Race" will be on. Like Jim Dunn's kid said on TV..... There's probably going to be a couple rather "unexpected" faces in the championship mix by then... and maybe some other people we expect to be "in the game" at that point will not be......

P.S. Oh yeah...I also remember Robert Hight go by me like I was standing still and looking up at the scoreboard as I was coasting and seeing a 4.64!! Unbelievable...but I guess I had the best seat in the house to watch it!!;)
No shame in that, Scelzi was gettin' that same view until that cone went flying.:cool:

I agree with PJ, at first I didn't want Hight to get the back up run for the record, and then realized that it didn't really matter. Ususally when Force loses in the first round I would get excited, but now with the points being reset it doesn't matter as much what happens in the first part of the season. Basically this new points system added forced drama at the last 6 races of the year at the expense of the first 17 races.

The fact that it was raining until 11am Sunday morning and the race actually happened!!!! I'll remember how I felt when the downpour woke me up at 4:31 am and I said to my wife, oh no it's pouring:eek: Went to breakfast and there were plenty of fellow fans looking mucho unhappy, wondering if the race would be postponed to monday or next Sunday. And WOW it all turned out alright:) A great day

Please remember this the next time the race gets cancelled at 3:00 and everyone is mad because "NHRA sould have called it sooner and let us go home"

Joe Sherwood calling me Sunday AM and asking what I thought the weather was going to do. :confused:

Tony Smith not letting me know he was coming out. We could have gotten together and practiced being sarcastic :D

Alan

Chris,
You forgot to mention what you get when you add in a tip. Oh wait, the voka shakers is the name of the drink. :D
Oh, I was definitely making Michelle shimmy and shake for those extra couple bucks. Stoli shakers...what a friggin` money maker those things are!

Scelzi being the 1st Funny Car in history to make 8 consecutive passes 4.75 or under at the same event, most over 330mph with one 333.49.

Robert/Jimmy's 4.64

Unreal qualifying day on Saturday.

The confidence in Coil's eyes right before Q4... and John's nervousness.

The excitement of everybody knowing they are tied for the points lead on Thursday...

Jim

Haha...I was trying to catch up to my wife.

Hey Jeff, you still have to chase her these days?????:D :) (LOL)

That was sooooooo frickin' great. I want that .gif!
Wayne-O. Glad to see him smile.

Also:
fastest/quickest qualifying fields ever
the Hartley team celebrating
the Strasburg team's incredible performance
Ace McCulloch putting low .70's on the board
Wilkerson's low .70
Manzo's .50's
Sean Bellemuer's performance in TA/FC
Jimmy Prock's .64
the weather
missing the comp class
the Scelzi win
Jimmy Walsh tune ups
pretty girls walking around showing lots of cleavage
brut girls

Yes, it was great watching Sean Bellemuer do what he does best, Drop a light on the person in the other lane. Good Job Sean!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back