What do you remember most about Pomona 07? (1 Viewer)

draggin3

Nitro Member
For me it was the new intro, Bazemore's 1st round, and Hight's 4.64. I think this was the best NHRA broadcast I've seen to date.

To me, it will be 3 things:

1. The way everyone kept crossing the centerline. It was crazy.
2. The final qualifying session in FC on Sat night where for John to get in he had to knock Ashley out and he went to #2 and then she got in.
3. The 4.64 that Hight dropped on them in the semis.

Knowing the southern California freeways enough not to get stuck in the traffic jam on 57 and the I10.

Jim Whitley's TAD crash on Friday night.

Brandon Pierce's wheelstanding loss in 1st round TAD.

Joe Hartley's win over the U.S. Army car.

The cackle fest in the nostalgia pit area.

Getting to see the nostalgia cars race.

Dupuy showing his "magic toothpick" on the Motel 6 Vision after beating Force. If you were there on Saturday, you know why it was funny.

Bob Vandergriff's three wheel save on Saturday.

The driver's that actually wave to the fans on the way back to the pits.

The jack-off who wouldn't let me cut through the skybox suite entrance area, even though there probably wasn't 500 people still on the Fairplex property. A-hole told me I needed one of the $8000 tickets to cut through.

Hertz Gold Club is the shit.

The knucklehead who "tried" to park me in the $5 lot after paying for a $25 pit side.

Passing an erratic driver on Arrow Hwy. who was talking on his cell phone, with the Lic Plate NHRA FC..who turned out to be Jeff Arend....it's a good thing he don't drive that flopper like that.

Last edited:
I remember all the pre-event rumor hype about Ashley Force..... I thought everyone was saying she was going to drive funny car???? I didn't hear a thing about her all weekend long. What the hell???? You'd think she'd atleast get SOME press coverage??????? It's amazing how the media can overlook our sport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dupuy showing his "magic toothpick" on the Motel 6 Vision after beating Force. If you were there on Saturday, you know why it was funny.

That was sooooooo frickin' great. I want that .gif!
Wayne-O. Glad to see him smile.

Also:
fastest/quickest qualifying fields ever
the Hartley team celebrating
the Strasburg team's incredible performance
Ace McCulloch putting low .70's on the board
Wilkerson's low .70
Manzo's .50's
Sean Bellemuer's performance in TA/FC
Jimmy Prock's .64
the weather
missing the comp class
the Scelzi win
Jimmy Walsh tune ups
pretty girls walking around showing lots of cleavage
brut girls

The fact that it was raining until 11am Sunday morning and the race actually happened!!!! I'll remember how I felt when the downpour woke me up at 4:31 am and I said to my wife, oh no it's pouring:eek: Went to breakfast and there were plenty of fellow fans looking mucho unhappy, wondering if the race would be postponed to monday or next Sunday. And WOW it all turned out alright:) A great day

Four quiet days sitting at the puter (well, Thursday and Friday Evening...) plus all day sat and sun... no body bothering me... just check when they heard me yell, and bringing me coffee and cigs... Racing Season is here and they know they'll see me again sometime in mid-November...

And just about everything ya'll have said so far

Passing an erratic driver on Arrow Hwy. who was talking on his cell phone, with the Lic Plate NHRA FC..who turned out to be Jeff Arend....it's a good thing he don't drive that flopper like that.

Haha...I was trying to catch up to my wife... I saw a Ford Bronco chasing me but I thought it was OJ and not the infamous T Smith! :D

Jeff

P.S. Oh yeah...I also remember Robert Hight go by me like I was standing still and looking up at the scoreboard as I was coasting and seeing a 4.64!! Unbelievable...but I guess I had the best seat in the house to watch it!!;)

Last edited:
Jeff! You took out my boy! How in the hell will I forgive you? Oh, crap....you just might be my 3rd fave driver damnit! Scelzi's #2. ;) See you in Baytown!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Jeff,
Your run to the semi's was the Pomona highlight for this Team CSK fan. Holeshot even! Yeah!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back