What a shame! (1 Viewer)

Toejam

Nitro Member
I just checked the weather Forcast for Bristol out of curiosity, and it looks like the Best weather they've ever had for this race! And come July it will most likely be in the 90's with about 50-60% Humidity! Glad I didn't get shafted over that deal....:rolleyes:

Figures. Only good thing about it for me is that I limped in with a blown head gasket on my Freightliner that I have to spend today and possibly part of tomorrow fixing. I'm not kidding, we usually seem to get at least one little rain shower around here every day. Always comes the same way up through the valley. I know it's what many would love to have, but it's a pain in the butt if you're working outside. The fact that it usually rains during the race is no coincidence. It DID rain here last night.

Why woud the humidity be that low? :D

I just checked the weather Forcast for Bristol out of curiosity, and it looks like the Best weather they've ever had for this race! And come July it will most likely be in the 90's with about 50-60% Humidity! Glad I didn't get shafted over that deal....:rolleyes:

yeah joe other than the short afternoon showers we have had all week the weather is great right now. Ill have some pics for you all this evening, of the resurfacing at the track

TRAVO!!!

Yeah, I was fixing to write myself.....90 degrees with 50-60% humidity in the South....in July....heck, that would be a cold front.

Yeah, Shirley's from Jersey. Keeps the thermostat in the house set on Alaska. She thought she about died during all the other Bristol races. When she saw it was postponed to July? :p

I was in Houston July 4th weekend 2 years ago and it was a FURNACE! They said it was 95 with about 62-65% Humidity and I just about Died! Thank god for the Dry Southwest!;)

I was in Houston July 4th weekend 2 years ago and it was a FURNACE! They said it was 95 with about 62-65% Humidity and I just about Died! Thank god for the Dry Southwest!;)

I used to be contracted to a company out of Houston. Woke up in their Texas City terminal and was soaked with sweat in minutes barely after sunrise.

Weather's been amazing today. Mostly overcast/looking like rain. Seems like every 30 minutes I'm going from working with a coat on to the sun coming out and having to pull it off, to being back to darned chilly again. Would have been a weird day for the tuners had it been a go.

It's downright AWESOME here in SE Texas today. Supposed to be like this all weekend. Mid-80's and LOW humidity by our standards between April and October.....29%!

Well Joe, don't make any summertime plans to visit Florida if that is how you feel about humidity. That's an everyday weather pattern for Orlando and parts South of here. The humidity might even be higher than that many times. But, that being said, I never felt so suffocated by heat and humidity, but more likely the humidity, as I did on a visit to Houston in the summer many years ago. I felt like I could cut the air with a knife! Kelly, I know you are used to it, but how do you stand it? I ask myself "why am I living in Florida?" every year about this time as when I get closer to retirement, it probably won't be in FLORIDA!! Nor TEXAS or MISS/ALA/LA or anywhere in the SouthEast most likely. I'm thinking Colorado or possibly even New Mexico but it has to be somewhere higher and cooler than Albuqueurque. It could be somewhere in California if I could afford it.

Ughhh.....about July I get pretty darn sick of it. Basically, I don't spend much time outside in late June or all of July and August before sunset.

Oh, and everyone is pretty used to seeing me with my hair up in a clip or ballcap. ;) It's funny though, it's a freezer in our office building. We all walk around inside wearing jackets when it's 98% and 90% humidity outside. :D

August and September are when you have to worry about the heat here in Texas. My family raises show livestock and we raise market chickens that get huge and during September it gets up over 100 degrees and they die off daily b/c of the heat.

Here in Albuq. it hits 92-96 regularly from June to August. But unless it's cloudy or Rain is imminent, it's maybe 20% Humidity which is Nice!

You can't beat the heat, you can't take off enough clothes or slow down enough, but you can beat the cold, you can put on warmer clothes or move faster. There's heat in movement! Give me Vermont in winter time VS Florida in summer time any day!!!

LOL, I'd rather sweat than shiver anyday. Conditions you for having to wait in a firesuit through a July oildown cleanup as a bonus. :D

They should've held the race in Atlanta this weekend. I'm here for a training school and the weather is unbelievable. Makes me wish I could skip these darn seminars and hang out at a race track somewhere!

I don't mind the heat if I'm prepared. I hate forgetting to bring something to change into to leave work and go to the kiddo's baseball game. There's nothing worse (to me) than being in 90 degree weather with 80% humidity in pantyhose! ;)

Although, a bunch of late 30's/40-something Moms scantilly clad at a little league game is just WRONG! :eek: :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back