What a contrast! (1 Viewer)

Nitrohaulic

Nitro Member
Yesterday morning I drove most of the 324 miles of I-81 in Virginia on my way home. Two things were so common that you couldn't ignore them if you wanted to.

I'm used to seeing caravans of vehicles travelling down that highway in pairs, pulling each other with towbars with Mexican license plates on them. It's obvious that they're buying them at auction somewhere in the northeast. Yesterday I easily saw HUNDREDS of them in about a 300 mile stretch. A LOT of these are medium size trucks. They take wheels and tires off and stack trucks, cars, motorcycles, bicycles, and whatever else on or in everything to the point that it's almost scary to look at.

It's obvious that they realize that the weigh stations are closed on holidays and that they piled a lot of this stuff up and planned to make a big move at once. I NEVER travel that road without seeing a few of them. The fact that they'd move a lot on one day makes me wonder about the mechanical condition of those. I predict that someday one of these will have a serious accident and suddenly it will become a national issue.

The other thing I saw a lot of in the same state? Looked like a race weekend in Bristol. What I mean is there must've been a trooper every five miles, taking advantage of the heavy holiday traffic to write up who knows how many legal U.S. citizens if they dare go over whatever arbitrary number it is that we're supposed to guess we can get away with.

I guess that's the most important thing those troopers could have been doing. I mean, there are so many accidents involving fatalities in which, if a trooper would have just caught someone and prevented them from driving that extra five or ten miles over the limit, lives would have been saved!!! Forget following too closely, changing lanes at the last second at an off ramp, etc, etc, etc!

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back