Video - Antron on NBC Today (1 Viewer)

I hope that even the naysayers here will admit that was great. Hard to imagine a better segment for Antron, and drag racing in general. Four minutes on the most watched morning show, Antron was a charming as usual, the sport was portrayed well, ... Great stuff.

Good ink for Antron and the NHRA.

Geez, he's still the same guy who chatted with fans (well, me anyway) for 20 minutes or more when he was working out of Troy Vincent's PSB trailer.

FWIW: He stood out like a "Champion" even when he wasn't. You just knew - given an opportunity - he was 'gonna be somebody.

Last edited:
After waiting a while for him to sign, he actually invited my oldest son into his trailer, and signed a wrist pin for him, and explained how it worked; he also let him pump the nitro. and after that talked to my youngest for a while. Needless to say they were THRILLED and both are guaranteed to be lifelong fans.

I don't think that the others around us were as thrilled, as he was paying attention to my kids only, but that's life. No other kids were around, only adults, so they can live with it. ;)

It was much better than I expected, seeing as the media has NO clue about Drag racing and they usually paint it in a bad light!

What a cool piece about a really fine and deserving champion. Had the chance to visit with him briefly at Pomona a couple of years ago, and I really enjoyed watching him interact with other fans. Antron is truly a class guy.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back