Full video news conference, Antron Brown testing NASCAR stock car (1 Viewer)

Pretty interesting. It would be pretty cool if things go well and Antron ends up with a competitive Sprint cup team in a year or 2.

I think of all the current NHRA drivers he probably is the one you would say could have a chance to do well in NASCAR. His ability to move so quickly and successfully from a pro stock bike to a top fuel car was impressive, particularly with championships at both levels.

Drag racing would lose a top driver but I think would end up ahead of the game overall from the extra exposure it would give the sport.

He's a solid guy that would represent drag racing well on this much bigger stage and I don't think he would ever forget where he came from.

In this interview Antron indicates to a "Racing Today.com" reporter starting at 15:40 of the video that Tony Schumacher has not attempted something at the same level of NASCAR that he will now be attempting. That in fact is incorrect. Tony has tested and I believe Capps has as well in cars of one of the top NASCAR K&N West Teams in history. The testing was done at Roseville, California's NASCAR sanctioned "All American Speedway". Tony drove and tested with the NAPA auto parts sponsored and NASCAR certified drive for diversity Richard Childress Racing associated "Bill McAnally Racing". Bill's operations are located in Rocklin and Roseville, CA. These opportunities were associated with the NAPA sponsorship Schumacher Racing has with NAPA. McAnally Racing can be found at the web-link provided below: Bill McAnally Racing Official Home Page

I do however wish Antron great success. Opportunity is opportunity and sometimes it only comes around once in life-so you have to go for it. ;):)

:);)

Last edited:
If this is serious, now's the time. At 37, the only way he's getting a shot is with this sort of push and backing, the talent remains to be seen. Fortunately for him, I think he could easily come back and race Top Fuel successfully at a later date, as his appeal and track record will likely land him a top shelf ride again. I hope he does go for it and succeed!

It's funny, though, that for as hard as NASCAR has tried to work their diversity program, it almost seems that with the recruitment of Antron, they're taking the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" angle.

If this is serious, now's the time. At 37, the only way he's getting a shot is with this sort of push and backing, the talent remains to be seen. Fortunately for him, I think he could easily come back and race Top Fuel successfully at a later date, as his appeal and track record will likely land him a top shelf ride again.

It is my impression Antron's desires, interests and efforts would be participating in both types of motorsports ;):)

Last edited:
Say it ain't so....

kevin-knauer-albums-my-pics-picture3243-nascar-boring.jpg

Antron is such an outstanding spokesman for our sport!! He is articulate and thougtful in his responses. Excellent job Antron!! :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back