Vegas Testing? (1 Viewer)

Shazam

Nitro Member
Just wondered if there was any news from testing at Vegas and who showed up?

Tried DRC and nothing there.

Since these are "unsanctioned" tests (as NHRA made clear), they are posted in the Drag News section - the third section down on the front page.

First day of Nitro Blast-off Test Session at The Strip at LVMS complete

Here's the release from LVMS Public Relations honcho John Bisci on Friday's action...

January 18, 2008

First day of Nitro Blast-off Test Session at The Strip at LVMS complete

LAS VEGAS – The first day of the seventh annual Nitro Blast-off Test Session at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Sppedway now is complete. The day-long session, conducted under sunny skies, was without incident and concluded at 5 p.m.

Sportsman cars ruled the show on Friday – Funny Cars and Top Fuel Dragsters are expected to make full quarter-mile passes on Saturday and Sunday.

The Funny Cars of Gary Densham, Larry Hamilton and Scott Kalitta and the Top Fuel Dragsters of David Grubnic and Larry Dixon hit the Las Vegas starting line for the first time in 2008 today. Pro Stock driver Vinnie Deceglie also participated this afternoon.

Top Alcohol Dragster participants included Shawn Cowie, Marshall Topping and Jeff Hamelink. Las Vegas’ Paul Crifasi, Terry Ruckman and Jay Payne were on hand to shake down Top Alcohol Funny Cars.

The seventh annual Nitro Blast-off Test Session at The Strip at LVMS will continue through Sunday. For more information, please call The Strip’s office at (702) 6732-8213 or visit Las Vegas Motor Speedway

That was exactly what I needed in the middle of Winter to officially get me jacked about the `08 season! Less than 3 weeks `til Pomona...I cannot wait!!

Pomona will tell the real story and I expect there will be full fields but at the same time this has been a rather bleak off season.

Kind of hard to write a positive spin on a test day where no Top Fuel or Funny Car runs fast enough for Super Gas.

My local guy Shawn Cowie has low ET by a bunch.

Those pictures seem to tell the tale, jackets and smoking tires when a green light is showing. By the way, it looks like the motor drive on his camera is stuck. :)

I hope the turnout is better tomorrow for the track's sake.

It was sunny, but barely got to 60 degrees. May not see many full passes unless the track temps pick up a bit - they can work on the first half of the track without inviting tire chunking problems.

Pomona will tell the real story and I expect there will be full fields but at the same time this has been a rather bleak off season.
Yeah it has been bleak, it`s just good to see that testing is finally here. Glad to read that Densham plans on racing all 24....if anybody can stretch a $ it`s the Teach.

Quite a dissapointment from what it was just a few years ago, even though I know it's just a test and not for performance, but the lack of cars sucks too.

I was there 3 years ago, Friday AM Force comes up, first car down, went 4.80 around 320 off the trailer. :eek: That was cool

Fri, 21 Jan 2005,

Right Lane: John Force Runs 4.804/319.98, Now #1

10:32 am Weather conditions: air temperature 63 degrees, relative humidity 61 percent, barometer 28.05 inches, adjusted altitude 2,748 feet, track temperature 71 degrees.

Force comes up first and gives a full pass right from the start, what a great run straight down the groove.

John Force's incremental times: 60ft-0.901 sec., 330ft-2.316, 660ft-3.302/258.57mph, 1,000ft-4.113

Fri, 21 Jan 2005,

Right Lane: John Force Runs 4.804/319.98, Now #1

10:32 am Weather conditions: air temperature 63 degrees, relative humidity 61 percent, barometer 28.05 inches, adjusted altitude 2,748 feet, track temperature 71 degrees.

Force comes up first and gives a full pass right from the start, what a great run straight down the groove.

John Force's incremental times: 60ft-0.901 sec., 330ft-2.316, 660ft-3.302/258.57mph, 1,000ft-4.113

Coil could run a 4.80 out of the box in a snow storm. The guys just awsome.

Kind of hard to write a positive spin on a test day where no Top Fuel or Funny Car runs fast enough for Super Gas.

My local guy Shawn Cowie has low ET by a bunch.

Those pictures seem to tell the tale, jackets and smoking tires when a green light is showing. By the way, it looks like the motor drive on his camera is stuck. :)

I hope the turnout is better tomorrow for the track's sake.

Hey Tom, testing is just that..testing and I'd much rather watch a bunch of early shut off and tires smoker nitro runs, than some Super Gas cars.

Well . . . that should certainly endear you to all of those Maters who work so hard to run Super Class cars and love doing it.

Shades of a previous version of the Mater - :mad:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back