Tubular Tales -- An Investigative Story (1 Viewer)

That's the best reading I've done on this subject with the possible exception of Randy Goodwin's crusade here on the Mater which includes much of the same information. There's a lot to read here-especially between the lines?

Evening Brent...

Printed out a hard copy the day the Asher/CP story broke... shall we go for the finals? I know we've been at least three rounds through this...

d'kid

I just love the internet and people that are willing to speak out.
With politics and cover-ups of even as little as 15 years ago, this could have been swept under the rug and never reached the light of day. I am just so glad to have what we have in this day of free information.

A number of Military Specifications have been rewritten to SAE and NAS specifications. The mil specs are antiquated and have not kept up with the changes to design aspects of the latest aircraft materials and processes. The difference between a Mil Spec and SAE standards is vastly different and therefore should not be considered as equivalent. SAE/NAS standards are updated/changed using group input from airline and FAA engineering feedback. This occurs on a regular basis. As stated in the article, the quoted mil spec was dated 1965. The military have moved for their specifications to the national standard. That is why mil specs have not changed since the mid 60s. SAE charges for downloading their specifications where as Mil Specs are free. I hope this is not the reason for using antiquated processes during the design and build of race products.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back