Traffic Heads-up for Vegas?? (1 Viewer)

Toejam

Nitro Member
Since just about every year I've gone to Vegas I-15's been a total mess trying to get out of the track heading back to town. Just wondering from Chris Cook or Naz if they're still jacking I-15 these days? Or do I need to take Craig road again?

That's odd Joe, I rarely have an issue getting out of the speedway. I usually hang around in the pits for at least an hour after the on track activities have ceased, and by then it is smooth enough. As you get into town, the I15 is ALWAYS a disaster, that's just the way it is. An option few really take is to go out the "backway" and take Las Vegas Blvd all the way into town. That should always be wide open.

Look forward to seeing everybody this weekend!

That's odd Joe, I rarely have an issue getting out of the speedway. I usually hang around in the pits for at least an hour after the on track activities have ceased, and by then it is smooth enough. As you get into town, the I15 is ALWAYS a disaster, that's just the way it is. An option few really take is to go out the "backway" and take Las Vegas Blvd all the way into town. That should always be wide open.

Look forward to seeing everybody this weekend!

Chris last year they had 15 down to one lane at Lake Mead for like 2 blocks. So I had to take Craig rd. to Lamb down to Lake mead. Greg Rice tried Las Vegas Blvd. from the track and he said it SUCKED!

Joe,

I've been using Las Vegas Blvd to get to and from the speedway for years. Sure, it's slower because of lower speed limits and traffic signals, but you don't have to deal with I-15 at all if you don't want to. It's also the best route to take if your hotel is on the Boulder Highway.

Chris last year they had 15 down to one lane at Lake Mead for like 2 blocks. So I had to take Craig rd. to Lamb down to Lake mead. Greg Rice tried Las Vegas Blvd. from the track and he said it SUCKED!

Yeah it was a nightmare. I think the shortcut from Craig Rd. will be much faster.

I'm going to be leaving after the last pair on a moptorcycle. I can split lanes if I have to. Any suggestions on getting out fast on 2 wheels?

I,m with Greg Rice. Last time I stayed at Sams Town I tried LV Blvd. I think I got to the track at like noon and I left at 6am(LOL). I'll take 95 to the 15 to the track anytime. I'm at the Plaza this weekend so I'll just shoot up the 15.

For you poker players, a number of good tourneys this weekend at Binions and the Plaza. My wife, Barbara, will be playing at both places.:D :cool:

Joe, they have finished that portion of construction on I15, so they should not have it down to 1 lane.

There was a hole in the bridge deck on I-15 at Lake Mead....they repaired it over the weekend.

I'm going to be leaving after the last pair on a moptorcycle. I can split lanes if I have to. Any suggestions on getting out fast on 2 wheels?

Make sure you keep an eye out for NHP and Metro, splitting lanes is against the law in Nevada.

As far as I know the only thing traffic wise that is messed up this year is Nellis Blvd. between Lake Mead and Vegas Valley it's down to two lanes off and on. You can go west a block or two, make a left on Lamb and it will take you to Boulder Hwy right where Boulder Station is.

Dan

I usually don't make the Spring race (It's too close to NHRA Div 2 this weekend and the National Event at Atlanta two weeks later.)

By the Fall race, I will be "jones"-ing for some nitro!

I never have a problem leaving the track on I-15 unless there's an accident holding traffic up. I'm only on the freeway for 2 or 3 miles though, I exit @ Lamb Blvd.

When I take Las Vegas Blvd it's always pretty quick as well, but again I'm not on it very long before I turn off.

Hopefully traffic won't be bad this weekend, but there has been a lot of frustrating road work up and down Nellis & Lamb Blvds. Most of the lane closures if there are any have been after 8 p.m. or so.

Isnt it illegal to split lanes in Nevada?

and whats moptorcycle and will there be a class for them next year?

It is looking like it is illegal to split lanes in N. I'll have to be careful or be stuck in traffic. I'll make the call when I leave the track. Thanks for the help

Charles, I don't know where you are staying or if you live here, but I have always found Las Vegas Blvd a better option than I-15 once you get past Craig road it opens up pretty good. I live on the east side and just shoot down Nellis or Lamb.

Dan

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back