Heads up For those who check luggage at the Airport..... (1 Viewer)

Toejam

Nitro Member
Since the new safety rules took effect, the number of checked bags at most major airports have gone up 25%! A Friend of mine was in Las Vegas last weekend, and it took he and his wife over 2 Hrs just to check they're Bags! To make matters worse, they had to wait for the following flight after theirs to retrieve they're Bags! So they had to hang around at our airport(Abq) for another 2 hrs waiting for they're Bags!

I think I'll carry-on at Indy!!:eek:

That's no joke about carry ons. Before the new rules, with 50 pax on the airplane, we'd haul around 35 carry ons, and 35 checked bags. The split was usually pretty even. Now, we're hauling 60 plus checked bags, and less than 10 carry ons on a full flight.

Just make sure you don't have any liquids, gels, toothpaste, etc in those carry ons. If the checkpoint doesn't catch them, the TSA is still randomly screening passengers as they board. Also, don't sneak that bottle of water on the airplane. As tempting as it is, I had plane load of people have to be re-screened because of this.

Pack light and limit it to carry on if at all possible as with 9/11 it will stay tight for a while and will ease with time until the next attempt.
This is just the world we live in now!
Have a great time Joe I will see you in Pomona.

I fly at least once a week (over 75000 miles this year so far) and have had no problems at all. It is nicer on the planes now, not having all those carry-ons. There is actualy room to put my briefcase up in the over head.
I have not seen any delays since the first 4 days of the new regulations.
The only problems I have seen are those created by people arguing with the TSA people.

Jeff, I usually fly about 40-50K a year, so not as much as you, but my suggestion to travelers is to carry on, then go to Target to pickup the essentials once you arrive. This week I went to Dallas for one day, so I didn't want to waste the money on essentials for one day. This added at least three hours to my travel by checking in my stuff and waiting for my bags. grrrr!

a friend of mine just flew back to alabama monday and had to remove his gel sole's from his shoes!:D i dont fly much but i would rather stand in line for a hour then to have those guys blow the plane up?

I heard they are doing the same thing with gel bras, and I am not being a smart a$$.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back