Top fuel thottle stop (1 Viewer)

Crazy

Nitro Member
I here about them removing the thottle stop after the burn out. Exactly where does it go? And does anyone have a pic of it?
Thanks
Crazy

I here about them removing the thottle stop after the burn out. Exactly where does it go? And does anyone have a pic of it?
Thanks
Crazy

It goes on the throttle cable and it limits the amount of travel the cable can go thus limiting how much the butterflies are allowed to open during the burn-out. It is basiclly a piece of aluminum C channel with a quick pin that locks it on the cable

On our nostalgia funny car we once used a big clamp type paper clip, it would only allow the butterflies to open a little. John (owner and driver) decided he liked to have more control over the burnout and has gone back to no throttle stop.

Thanks
Crazy

Here is a burnout limiter from Wizard's Warehouse.

pn_01096.jpg

Here is one from RBS Superchargers:

LargePicWindow.cfm

and another style:

LargePicWindow.cfm

For an example of how it mounts you can see one on the right hand side of our Top Fuel car on my topic at Nitrous Master :: View topic - Bru Racing

EDB

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back