Time to Move on...! (1 Viewer)

Tim5636sc

Nitro Member
Well.... it has been a very interesting week for Timmah.... Let me begin by saying that as of 9:10am this morning, I am unemployed for the 1st time in my life. After a few weeks going rounds with the powers that be at my Previous Employer, I have decided to Leave my job at Fed Ex Express. It was a tough decision, but I really had to do this. I was offered a settlement, (Actually more of a slap in the face) and took it. The company and I just have different opinions about how to successfully run a business, and how to take care of people. I don't hold any ill will towards Fed Ex Express at all, and still believe that the best way to ship something is thru this company.

So, I have my resume' out to about 20 different companies right now, and a few interviews set up for Monday and Tuesday, so I'm sure I'll find something pretty quickly. I also have my 2nd job at Vapor Trail Racing that has given me the opportunity to work a few more hours until I find something else.

So, just wanted to share this with my mater' friends.....

Timmah!:)

Oh and PS: Does anyone have Bob Vandergriff's phone number? I know UPS is not going to be on that car next year, but I think it would be funny as hell to take a picture sitting in his car and send it to Fed Ex Corp offices! :D

PSS: BTW, Mr. Schumacher, Mr. Snake, Mr. Powers, Mr. Kalitta, Mr. Force, Mr. Cagnazzi, Mr. Black, Mr. Bruton Smith, Mr. Alan Johnson.... I don't have any conflicts now so I am totally available to work for you now! :cool:

good luck timmah!!! i too am on the search for meaningful employment as the pocket filler i am at right now has become more of a source of aggravation than of monetary gain!....and this going nostalgia racing on the weekend just isnt paying the bills :p:p

Sitting in the UPS car and sending pics back to FedEx. That there's funny.

A friend of mine (who works at UPS) has a pair of used parachutes with "Got CMSK?" or whatever the stock code was of that sponsor. He was talking about adding the "F" bomb in past tense and "by" in between those two, then having them blossom on his soon to be IHRA funny. He's apparently still a little p*ssed about the worthless stock certificate that's framed and hanging on his living room wall!

Good luck! It does seem that one door often has to close before another can open. I've made some sacrifices myself recently and some opportunities are starting to open up in their place.

Timmah,

I understand.
Been thinkin' the same thing.
But Kat would shoot me.

I'll be in touch this weekend

d'kid

Good luck Timmah!!!

I have been very fortunate in my life that everytime I have left one job, another was already lined up.

I am sure you will do fine in your interviews on Monday and Tuesday and will have your pick of jobs.

Good luck Timmah!! I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason and as long as you stay positive things will end up better in the end.

Good Luck Timmah! I'm sure it's all for the better & you will come out of this pile of crap smelling like a rose!

Definitely good luck Tim!!! I just went thru this as well, and as Erica said, I had a lot of offers come in, and was able to pick what I wanted to do. You'll get into something better!

I am sorry to hear the news, but definitely agree with other doors opening when one closes. Just remember, it may not even be the door you were expecting. I wish you all the best.

....It's funny how things work out....

At 9:10 last friday, I was no longer with Fed Ex Express.... today at 9:00am I was offered an OUTSTANDING "GOVERMENT" job!!! I can not go into detail what I will be doing, but it will:

1) Pay me about $2.00 per hour than Fed Ex...to start!!!
2) Give me better hours than the other place..
3) Put me on the "COMPANIES" Golf team.....;)
4) Have me work for a manager who is a huge Drag Racing fan and read's Timmah's Blog on Competitionplus.com all the time..(no kidding!)
5) Provide me better benefits, career advancement, and the opportunity to support our Troops!!!
6) Put me about 3 miles away from my girlfriends house....(can you say "AFTERNOON DELIGHT?")
7) Goverment days off, and opportunity to travel to some great destinations for "TRAINING EXERCISES"...
8) MAKE ME HAPPY!!!

What I really like about this, is that one of my former Couriers found the job for by mistake. He was doing his route at this business, and was asked if he knew somebody at Fed Ex who was looking for a career change. He grabbed an application for me, and the rest is history. He said, that he did this for me because of all the things I did for him as his manager. That humbled me more than I can put into words. This has been a very "Intersting year" to say the least, but I now have a new career, doing something that I love to do, and get to support our Nations troops, and work for a man who will give me the required time off to "FOLLOW MY GOALS"!

You were all right, when one door closes, another one opens! Thank you very much for your support!

Your Friend,

Tim Charlet

....It's funny how things work out....

At 9:10 last friday, I was no longer with Fed Ex Express.... today at 9:00am I was offered an OUTSTANDING "GOVERMENT" job!!! I can not go into detail what I will be doing, but it will:

1) Pay me about $2.00 per hour than Fed Ex...to start!!!
2) Give me better hours than the other place..
3) Put me on the "COMPANIES" Golf team.....;)
4) Have me work for a manager who is a huge Drag Racing fan and read's Timmah's Blog on Competitionplus.com all the time..(no kidding!)
5) Provide me better benefits, career advancement, and the opportunity to support our Troops!!!
6) Put me about 3 miles away from my girlfriends house....(can you say "AFTERNOON DELIGHT?")
7) Goverment days off, and opportunity to travel to some great destinations for "TRAINING EXERCISES"...
8) MAKE ME HAPPY!!!

What I really like about this, is that one of my former Couriers found the job for by mistake. He was doing his route at this business, and was asked if he knew somebody at Fed Ex who was looking for a career change. He grabbed an application for me, and the rest is history. He said, that he did this for me because of all the things I did for him as his manager. That humbled me more than I can put into words. This has been a very "Intersting year" to say the least, but I now have a new career, doing something that I love to do, and get to support our Nations troops, and work for a man who will give me the required time off to "FOLLOW MY GOALS"!

You were all right, when one door closes, another one opens! Thank you very much for your support!

Your Friend,

Tim Charlet

Good for you Tim, congratulations!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back