Thiel was not treated fairly (1 Viewer)

fatcat

Nitro Member
The rule book states "car cannot restage".

The stage light blinked momentarily in Force's lane, however quickly the the light went back out, Force was staged for that brief instant.

To deny that Force was staged, but then have Thiel timed out because of that blink, is totally unjust.

What would have happened if Force wouldn't have pulled in within the 7 seconds? Would he have been timed out?

I noticed Force's light flicker from the stands, then go off, then he went in. Then the tree came down. What we thought in the stands was when Force went in and it flickered the 1st time, it started the 7 seconds but I havent watched the tv show I have recorded to see.

But in all fairness, it really didnt matter b/c he wasnt going to outrun Force's 4.11 anyways so lets be real about it. His day was done regardless.

The rule book states "car cannot restage".

The stage light blinked momentarily in Force's lane, however quickly the the light went back out, Force was staged for that brief instant.

To deny that Force was staged, but then have Thiel timed out because of that blink, is totally unjust.

I understand what you are saying, but the term "restage" is not applicable to a car rocking in the beams.

The rules also say once a car is pre-staged, crew members are not permitted to touch the car or they will be disqualified. Thiel's car was touched by his crew member, was it not?

I understand what you are saying, but the term "restage" is not applicable to a car rocking in the beams.[/QU

Great ! then to be fair "rocking" in the beams should NOT start the 7 second timeout sequence, you can't have it both ways.

I agree!

I do believe that they have some checks in the system where there is a minimum amount of time the stage beam must be lit for the vehicle to be considered "staged", maybe that needs to be adjusted?

I agree that when Johns stage light flickered it must have triggered the autostart. That's they way it goes. Anybody that thins Force got a favor becasue of who he is just has to think back to the Force/Bode deal. They both got sent home, and they chaged that rule afterwards.

All they can do is move on and learn from it. I suggest to keep this from happening again is to have it set up to where one car must be staged for 1 second before the system starts, and reducing the count to 6 seconds. That will keep the same problem from happening again and also keep the 7 second stage rule in effect.

Not sure if I saw it correctly, but did Johnny West run up and push on the roof hatch while Thiel was staging???:confused: If I saw what I thought I did, I was concerned for Johnny's safety...He'd have been in a bad spot if Thiel hit the gas. Looked to me like he was in the path of both the exhaust and the spill plate. Again, i may have seen it wrong, but it just scared me.

And also unfortunate that he got timed out.

Last edited:
Even Ron Capps mentioned it on FB. Something about if the roles were reversed there'd probably be an FBI investigation. :p

Once Force tripped the light if Theil would have been the one to completely stage then Force would of been timed out. It looked like it took Force several seconds to get back in. I'am woundering if Theil was wating for the hatch to be closed?

Not sure if I saw it correctly, but did Johnny West run up and push on the roof hatch while Thiel was staging???:confused: If I saw what I thought I did, I was concerned for Johnny's safety...He'd have been in a bad spot if Thiel hit the gas. Looked to me like he was in the path of both the exhaust and the spill plate. Again, i may have seen it wrong, but it just scared me.

And also unfortunate that he got timed out.

That was a brain fart on the part of West...he WAS in a bad spot at the wrong time. He got lucky...how many times have you seen Cruz or others roof hatch open on the starting line? All it takes is a piece of duct tape with a tail on it on the roof so after the burn out the hatch is closed and the tape is stuck on it. Takes all of 3 seconds to do. West messing with the hatch was WAY more of a distraction than leaving it alone.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back