The earliest Easter any of us will ever see (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
You can check it at:
Urban Legends Reference Pages: Early Easter in 2008

This dating of Easter is based on the lunar calendar that
Hebrew people used to identify Passover, which is why it moves
around on our Roman calendar.

Found out a couple of things you might be interested in.

Based on the above, Easter can actually be one day earlier
(March 22) but that is pretty rare.

This year is the earliest Easter any of us will ever see the
rest of our lives! And only the most elderly of our population
have ever seen it this early (95 years old or above!). And none
of us have ever, or will ever, see it a day earlier!

Here are the facts:

The next time Easter will be this early (March 23) will be the
year 2228 (220 years from now). The last time it was this
early was 1913 (so if you're 95 or older, you are the only
ones who were around for that!).

The next time it will be a day earlier, March 22, will be in
the year 2285 (277 years from now). The last time it was on
March 22 was 1818. So no one alive today has, or ever will see
Easter any earlier than this year!

If you need to know how the date for Easter is determined,
click here: Easter Dating Method

Based on the above, Easter can actually be one day earlier (March 22) but that is pretty rare.

The next time it will be a day earlier, March 22, will be in the year 2285 (277 years from now). The last time it was on March 22 was 1818. So no one alive today has, or ever will see Easter any earlier than this year![/url]

My birthday is March 22nd and I checked this all out as a kid. I remember thinking "2008! That'll be forever! I'll be ancient! And even then it'll only be the next day..." Funny, I don't feel ancient. :D

My brother's birthday is March 23rd... However he married a nice Jewish girl and converted to Judaism. :D

Jackie, thank you for this cool tid-bit of info. I will actually be in the hospital for Easter this year as I am scheduled to give birth via c-section to our long-awaited son on Friday (Good Friday too). It's awesome to know that this holiday is that weekend...makes it feel even more special to know it doesn't happen very often.

I'm not sure it compares to Easter weekend, Cat.....but my son was born on May 13th (a Friday in '94) and it always falls near Mother's Day weekend. I love celebrating them together every year. :)

My oldest son was born on Father's day. I said it was so my wife could get out of buying me a present :)
She thought that was so funny, she STILL refuses to buy me a Father's day present :eek:

Jackie, thank you for this cool tid-bit of info. I will actually be in the hospital for Easter this year as I am scheduled to give birth via c-section to our long-awaited son on Friday (Good Friday too). It's awesome to know that this holiday is that weekend...makes it feel even more special to know it doesn't happen very often.

Congratulations! I have a niece that was born on Good Friday when it was April 5th.

Hope to see pictures of your baby boy soon!

I was looking out a few years and in 2011, Easter will occur on April 24. I don't remember it ever being that late. Does anybody remember it ever being that late?

Thank you everyone! Hopefully I will be "with it" enough to post next week after we get home. In the meantime, here's a current picture of us...please excuse the "headless" look, I never let Mark take my pic with my face cause I'm usually with out makeup. :p

38weeks.jpg

Can you say "all baby"?? LOL

Thank you everyone! Hopefully I will be "with it" enough to post next week after we get home. In the meantime, here's a current picture of us...please excuse the "headless" look, I never let Mark take my pic with my face cause I'm usually with out makeup. :p

38weeks.jpg

Can you say "all baby"?? LOL

Wow, he's certainly...uh out there :)

Good Luck!

That he is. Probably gonna look like his dad...6'1" 250lbs, construction supervisor, and a HUGE head...LOL. Doctor insists I'm measuring right on, but all the ladies I know are guessing nearly 9lbs. Even my natural birthing mom says I should be happy I'm having a section :rolleyes:

BTW Jackie, sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. :eek:

That he is. Probably gonna look like his dad...6'1" 250lbs, construction supervisor, and a HUGE head...LOL. Doctor insists I'm measuring right on, but all the ladies I know are guessing nearly 9lbs. Even my natural birthing mom says I should be happy I'm having a section :rolleyes:

BTW Jackie, sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. :eek:

My nephew was 1 day over his due date and 8 pounds 15 ounces, and sis-in-law did it natural. I tell you, if there was ever a reason for drugs, Diego was it, but she didn't want drugs.

The epidural was the bomb! My kiddo was 8 lbs 6 oz and 19 1/2 in long. NOW.....he's nicknamed 'String Bean Dean'! Funny how that works! He's almost 14 and only 4'11". Things that make you go hmmmm....if he'd eat like I did when I was pregnant he'd be a linebacker and taller than me! ;)

Jackee....sorry too. :D

You're most welcome, Catherine. And....CONGRATULATIONS ! My prayers for a safe delivery for both of you, and for a fine, healthy baby boy.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back