Atheist's Holiday (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
Clever!!!

In Florida , an atheist became incensed over the preparation of Easter and Passover holidays. He decided to contact his lawyer about the discrimination inflicted on atheists by the constant celebrations afforded to Christians and Jews with all their holidays while atheists had no holiday to celebrate.

The case was brought before a judge. After listening to the long passionate presentation by the lawyer, the Judge banged his gavel and declared, "Case dismissed!"

The lawyer immediately stood and objected to the ruling and said, "your Honor, how can you possibly dismiss this case? The Christians have Christmas, Easter an d many other observances. Jews have Passover, Yom Kippur and Hanukkah...yet my client and all other atheists have no such holiday!"

The judge leaned forward in his chair and simply said, "Obviously your client is too confused to even know about, much less celebrate his own atheists' holiday!"

The lawyer pompously said, "your Honor, we are unaware of any such holiday for atheists. Just when might that holiday be, your Honor?"

The judge said, "Well, it comes every year on exactly the same date---April
1st! Since our calendar sets April 1st as April Fools Day, consider that Psalm 14:1 states, 'The fool says in his heart, there is no God.' Thus, in my opinion, if your client says there is no God, then by scripture, he is a fool, and April 1st is his holiday! Now have a good day and get out of my courtroom!!"

Last edited:
Clever!!!

In Florida , an atheist became incensed over the preparation of Easter and Passover holidays. He decided to contact his lawyer about the discrimination inflicted on atheists by the constant celebrations afforded to Christians and Jews with all their holidays while atheists had no holiday to celebrate.

The case was brought before a judge. After listening to the long passionate presentation by the lawyer, the Judge banged his gavel and declared, "Case dismissed!"

The lawyer immediately stood and objected to the ruling and said, "your Honor, how can you possibly dismiss this case? The Christians have Christmas, Easter an d many other observances. Jews have Passover, Yom Kippur and Hanukkah...yet my client and all other atheists have no such holiday!"

The judge leaned forward in his chair and simply said, "Obviously your client is too confused to even know about, much less celebrate his own atheists' holiday!"

The lawyer pompously said, "your Honor, we are unaware of any such holiday for atheists. Just when might that holiday be, your Honor?"

The judge said, "Well, it comes every year on exactly the same date---April
1st! Since our calendar sets April 1st as April Fools Day, consider that Psalm 14:1 states, 'The fool says in his heart, there is no God.' Thus, in my opinion, if your client says there is no God, then by scripture, he is a fool, and April 1st is his holiday! Now have a good day and get out of my courtroom!!"

Jackie, I hope this really happen, if not we will push to make it their day.:)

using scripture in jokes.
How very christian of you.
Makes us all want to take (your version) of god serious.

using scripture in jokes.
How very christian of you.
Makes us all want to take (your version) of god serious.

You're groping for straws here Mr. Moon. This was a lame attempt by you to discredit a clear thinker telling a perfectly innocent joke stated solely jest. For your information, you MUST Capitalize the C in Christian to be considered serious then, and only then, we'll let you know that you liberals also have your own holiday.

It's April 15th.

There's the difference between humor and a cheap shot!

You're groping for straws here Mr. Moon. This was a lame attempt by you to discredit a clear thinker telling a perfectly innocent joke stated solely jest. For your information, you MUST Capitalize the C in Christian to be considered serious then, and only then, we'll let you know that you liberals also have your own holiday.

It's April 15th.

There's the difference between humor and a cheap shot!

Well put!!

Greg,
I'm sorry the joke offended you, and that on top of that there has been personal attack. I do believe in the God of the Bible, and that He has a sense of humor - but not at other's expense, even if they do not believe He exists. The truly great comedians are those who do not have to belittle others to make you laugh.
The famous author C.S. Lewis was once an atheist, and in his attempt to disprove Christianity he himself did become a Christian. The story is told in his book, Mere Christianity - which is a great read. It's amazing to get a glimpse of his thought process and use of logic.
For those of us who are Christians, we must remember that we are to be known by our love for our fellow men and women. Our faith is to be demonstrated through changed lives, not winning intellectual arguments.

Hey if you want to make fun of Albert Einstein's beliefs about deities or the lack thereof, go right ahead.
and Mark Twain's , Thomas Edison's, Freud's, Darwin's, William Howard Taft's, Abraham Lincoln's ( wow the first republican president who said ' The Bible is not my book nor Christianity my profession. I could never give assent to the long, complicated statements of Christian dogma', my have things changed),Andrew Carnigie's, Helen Keller's , Susan B. Anthony's, and many many more.
A long list of 'fools' there eh

:rolleyes:

You wouldn't appreciate someone posting an insult in the form of a joke here about your philosphical beliefs. Why do you think it's ok for you to do it?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back