Thank You Larry Dixon! (1 Viewer)

We miss you Tony!
Thanks for posting this. If readers consider who made the original statement and where he came from and ended up, I believe they'll appreciate the statement all the more.
Larry is, in fact, a class act and yes, he built a large commercial building in the Indy area to lease out. I'd say he's also very fiscally responsible as well?

While I very much agree that Larry is a class act, I'm a fan in fact, Real Estate ain't a Race Team. The cause and effect of the relative decisions are very different. I know first hand, I've played/play both games.

It's bothersome to me that there is this perception that Brady and Jeff aren't competent deserving racers.

I wonder why Larry left out all those Brazilian drivers that Took over the IRL/Cart series simply because they brought $$$ to the table? I doubt all of those drivers were given rides simply because of driving ability, If American drivers can't bring sponsors how else is a series suppose to survive? I'd like to know exactly who Larry's referring to when he suggests "NOT the Best drivers available"? Anyone???:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ok fella's, which is it? I came on here a while back and asked if people thought perhaps Andrew Cowin was a little harder on parts than other drivers & I was all but crucified by people I consider to be "in the know" for asking such a stupid question. Now we have someone basically accusing a different driver of the same thing and all of sudden it carries weight.

Make up my mind for me people - is it 85% nitro & rev limiters destroying motors or is it the driver?

Bob, please re-read what Larry was saying.

"It seems that you’d be better off hiring the best driver and finding other ways to get the money."
He isn't saying make the crew chief bring $$$; he's saying hire the best driver, best crew chief, best crew, and find ANOTHER WAY to get $$$.

*my opinion* ie: Force has at least one person dedicated to sponsor procurement; it's not the driver/crew chief/crews responsibility.

Wayne I agree with what Larry said and is one of my favorites in T/F my post was responding to part were he was talking about how $ was expected by drivers but no one else on the team. ;)

Wake up and smell the Miller Lite!

It is a simple matter of supply and demand. There are many people who are willing and able to drive a racecar, so the "wages" tend to be low. It appears that the supply of drivers is so much greater than the demand that the wages have actually crossed over into the negative.

The bottom end guy doesn't have to bring money to the table because there is not a surplus of people looking for that job.
The crew chief doesn't have to bring money to the table because there are not a lot of people who have the ability to tune a fuel car and manage a crew.

Larry Dixon is a great guy and I was honored to get his autograph in Houston.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back