Texas City Names (1 Viewer)

PJ, I would like to see maybe some tie-dyed tights on that awsome bod of yours! I think you would look so much sexier than Gary Scelzi!!! Here Kitty Kitty!!!

see and that is why they should hire me to take Scelzi's seat next season.

Nice post ,Suzie.

Ain't no reason to leave Texas, 'cept to go to a race, or visit out of state family & friends.

Been through Cut and Shoot many times on my way to Conroe to pick up loads of chemicals. In 21 years of driving trucks, that's my favorite town name in the whole country. I love showing people that one on the map.

I still can't figure out how there can be a Dimebox and an Old Dimebox. Shouldn't Dimebox be the Old Dimebox and the new Dimebox be New Dimebox? It's as if there was a Dimebox, and someone said "Okay, you're going to be Old Dimebox now, and we're gonna be Dimebox."

If you're ever bored, just look at the town names in eastern Kentucky. There's also a Sugartit, Kentucky just south of Cincinatti. You can put that into mapquest to see what town is just south of there (below Union) and what state park is then just to the west of there when you zoom in a notch. Figures that they're all just south of Hopeful Heights. :D There's also a Kentucky town just north of Nashville named Eighty-Eight. I like Why, Arizona, too.

At least I'll never be in a bar and have to say that I'm from Mousie, Kentucky. :)

Last edited:
Been through Cut and Shoot many times on my way to Conroe to pick up loads of chemicals. In 21 years of driving trucks, that's my favorite town name in the whole country. I love showing people that one on the map.

I still can't figure out how there can be a Dimebox and an Old Dimebox. Shouldn't Dimebox be the Old Dimebox and the new Dimebox be New Dimebox? It's as if there was a Dimebox, and someone said "Okay, you're going to be Old Dimebox now, and we're gonna be Dimebox."

If you're ever bored, just look at the town names in eastern Kentucky. There's also a Sugartit, Kentucky just south of Cincinatti. You can put that into mapquest to see what town is just south of there (below Union) and what state park is then just to the west of there when you zoom in a notch. Figures that they're all just south of Hopeful Heights. :D There's also a Kentucky town just north of Nashville named Eighty-Eight. I like Why, Arizona, too.

At least I'll never be in a bar and have to say that I'm from Mousie, Kentucky. :)

I know what park you speak of. Big Bone Lick state park, I always get a kick out of it when we drive by. I'm always curious if they cops have to work extra hard there to break up any rendevous in parked cars throughout the park.

Can't remember where it was, New Mexico I think, but "Elephant Butt" has got to be up there with the wacky ones.

I know what park you speak of. Big Bone Lick state park, I always get a kick out of it when we drive by. I'm always curious if they cops have to work extra hard there to break up any rendevous in parked cars throughout the park.

LOL, and you've got to go through Beaverlick on Beaver Road from the east to get there. :D

We've got Bulls Gap not too far from us and there's Bucksnort on the other side of the state.

Tony Elephant Butte [ the E makes a difference ] is near Truth or Consequences New Mexico which is where this thread is going.
And Terry you got the famous biggest honky tonk in the world " Billy Bob's " mixed up with Gilley's.
Billy Bob's is in the stockyard [ Hell's Kitchen ] area of Fort Worth.
Billy Bob's Texas - The World's Largest Honky Tonk
A favorite hangout for outlaws like Sundance Kid , Butch Cassidy, and one of my relatives John Wesley Hardin lawyer/gunfighter who it is said shot a man for snoring too loud.
Nah , I take after my fathers side of the family.

Last edited:
Cleveland is just North of me. I remember when I started driving I hadn't ventured too far out of Pasadena or the SE Houston area. The first time I went North on 59 I saw the sign for Cleveland and thought.....wth?! Why have a sign for Cleveland, OH all the way down here?! :D

........sounds like a serious BLONDE moment there Kelly :eek:

........sounds like a serious BLONDE moment there Kelly :eek:
Oh sweet Jesus... Everyone get the hell out of here... Kelly's gonna blow when she gets home and see's this, unless Deano done good..................................... :D RUN!! :eek:

ssshhhh... I hear boots, she's here... sh!t

Steven said it Kel, he's the one you want!! Not me... :p

Last edited:
I used to be the D.J. at Billy Bob's. It is the "World's Largest AND Friendliest Honky Tonk"! There had never been a female D.J. there before and there has not been one since me. I guess I am a legend there!!! :D

We also like to call it "William Roberts Academy of Country"!!!

This has been a fun thread. Keep it going if you come across any other funny cities in the U.S.

Dennis Anderson (the owner/driver of the monster truck "Grave Digger") is from Kill Devil Hills, N.C.............Yes, I watch Monster Jam!!!:D

Tom, going 'home' every summer and for holidays we used to LOVE making sentences out of Okla town names....Eufala and I'll pick you up....etc. I won't even GO where Atoka took us! ;)

LOL Kell, sad to admit but we've even been to the Madill Sand Bass Festival!

A few of my favorite Tejas towns:

Bulcher, TX Red River Motorcyles Trails. The best riding park on the Red River.

UnCertain, TX Maybe they were uncerntain they are in Texas!? It's on Caddo Lake, Texas only natural lake.

Fink, TX on Preston Peninsula south side of Lake Texoma

RO

In the "Out of Country" section, don't forget my home town of Palestine, (we pronounce it Pal-es-teen). It's the big town that Tennessee Colony is part of. TC is also where the major employer of this area is, the 5 State Prison units, lol. Still a pretty nice place to live.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back