Teuton Makes History, Takes Mopar Challenger Drag Pak to First Stock Eliminator NHRA (1 Viewer)

Clermont, Ind. (Sept. 5, 2011) – Jeff Teuton of Houma, La., captured a historic victory for Mopar® at the most historic race on the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing schedule, driving his 2009 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak to the overall win today in Stock Eliminator at the 57th Annual Mac Tools U.S. Nationals at Lucas Oil Raceway. The victory was the first overall Stock Eliminator NHRA National event win for Mopar’s modern-day package car.

“What a great weekend for Mopar and Jeff Teuton,” said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group’s service, parts and customer-care brand. “Everyone at Mopar congratulates Jeff and his team on their great performance. Reaching the finals and winning is a true testament to our Mopar Challenger Drag Pak.”

Teuton faced the 2002 Camaro of Sam Pourciau in the final round, taking the victory easily with an 11.055-second elapsed time at 107.71 mph after Pourciau’s engine exploded shortly after launch. Teuton also captured his individual class win (F/SA) in Stock Eliminator at the event.

“It’s really amazing to capture this historic win in the Mopar Challenger Drag Pak during the 60th Anniversary of the NHRA, at their biggest event,” said Teuton, owner of the Southland Chrysler Group dealership in his hometown of Houma. “I’ve always competed in Mopar and Chrysler products, and I’m just having a ball. I’m proud of my car. I’ve sold Mopar Drag Paks, and I’ve been a dealer for 44 years. I’ve been racing since 1958 and this is a pretty good milestone.”

The Mac Tools U.S. Nationals hosted a fleet of Mopar Challenger Drag Paks, with more than 20 entered in the Stock and Super Stock fields. The Drag Paks also dominated the qualifying charts in Stock, with David Barton of Robesonia, Pa. qualifying No. 1 overall with a 9.676-elapsed time. Barton also triumphed in the A/SA class eliminations, defeating fellow Drag Pak racer Doug Duell in the class final. A total of six Mopar Challenger Drag Paks qualified in the Top 10 in Stock at the U.S. Nationals, including Charlie Fitzsimmons, who started No. 5 and fell to Teuton in the fifth round of Stock eliminations.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back