Tellstar (?) F/C (1 Viewer)

Dave

Nitro Member
Does anyone remember a F/C called "Tellsar" (not sure if that's correct) driven by Doc Holliday? I am trying to find a picture or even just some basic information about the car. I found an old autograph and a piston from the car that I have had put away since I was a kid.

That's it! I appreciate the help!! I guess it would have helped my own search to know the correct spelling of both the car and the driver! :eek: :D
Thank you again.

I heard he has had the body for awhile now....Been waiting to see what ever came of it..

Thanks for the links, guys. Telstar is one of the grand old names in drag racing (among many). bp

This is the one that I remember the most, I loved this paint job..............

1.jpg

http://advertising-collectibles-cat...d-1971-Dodge-Challenger-Funny-Telstar-2846126

This was the last one that I remember them running, it ran really well at the Motorplex when I saw it there in the late 80's
doc88.jpg

http://www.dragracingonline.com/special/perplexing.html

Last edited:
The "Telstar" will return to life as a 1978 Arrow .The body from Jeff Gaynor is in Texas waiting to be mounted on the Tony Casarez chassis that we used in the early '90s. Doc is gathering parts and we plan to run the thing in 2007.
We would like to run 6-8 times a year , not the 30+ dates a year like the late '80s.
One night "Chicago" style match races ,like Martin MI. would be just fine with us.
The comment about us running good in Dallas is correct, we were the 4th funny to run in the 5.50s, surprised the shit out of a lot of non Ihra people who didn't how good we were running then.(ran a 5.62 at Bristol the week before)

The "Telstar" will return to life as a 1978 Arrow .The body from Jeff Gaynor is in Texas waiting to be mounted on the Tony Casarez chassis that we used in the early '90s.

Jerry,

Is that the same chassis that was on the ceiling of Doc's office in his shop???

Is this the chassis? (minus the body)

Sorry for the poor picture quality, it's from my cell phone camera a few years ago.

telstarfc.jpg

Last edited:
i liked the arrow the most, saw it run at martin a couple of times.
good to see these cars and owners coming back into racing.
always seem like more fun back in the 60's - early 80's.

The "Telstar" will return to life as a 1978 Arrow .

Jerry: Glad you're coming back! Hope you guys have some fun. We're all getting a "little long in the tooth", but I know you'll be OK, but you might have to remind Doc that when he puts the helmet on, "the window goes to the FRONT".;)

Yes, the car has been resting in Doc's shop since the 90s.
Hey Bob ,you are right about the old guys ,we need some young help for taking off the heavy & hot parts, I can still mix fuel and change jets.(is that a .060 or.080)

Now THAT'S an office. Love hearing from folks who were match racing nitro funnies in the 70s and 80s. Like a good friend of mine told me over twenty years ago, "We match race all year, MAKING money at small tracks, just so we can go to one or two national events and SPEND money."

The "Telstar" will return to life as a 1978 Arrow .The body from Jeff Gaynor is in Texas waiting to be mounted on the Tony Casarez chassis that we used in the early '90s. Doc is gathering parts and we plan to run the thing in 2007.
We would like to run 6-8 times a year , not the 30+ dates a year like the late '80s.
One night "Chicago" style match races ,like Martin MI. would be just fine with us.
The comment about us running good in Dallas is correct, we were the 4th funny to run in the 5.50s, surprised the shit out of a lot of non Ihra people who didn't how good we were running then.(ran a 5.62 at Bristol the week before)
Jerry could you guys keep me posted on this car.I would like to take a photos up close and in action of the car if possible.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back