Starting Fourth, Anderson Looks for Perfection in Vegas (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Qualifying for the Las Vegas NHRA Nationals was completed on Saturday, with Summit Racing driver Greg Anderson capturing the fourth position for Sunday’s final eliminations. Although his run of record was his 6.670-second effort from Friday afternoon, the three-time champion used his final two attempts to fine-tune his set-up for race day.

After falling off slightly in the morning session, Anderson closed his qualifying attempt with the second quickest and fastest pass in the heat of the afternoon, a 6.684-second, 206.29 mph run that left him cautiously optimistic about his chances. Even so, knowing it would take a team effort to extend his championship chase to the season finale in Pomona, he turned his attention towards ensuring that both he and his teammate Jason Line would be on top of their game for Sunday.

“I’m fairly happy with my Summit Racing Pontiac right now,” said Anderson. “We turned it around from this morning, when we were off on the tune-up, and made some good decisions for the last session. It was definitely happier and made a very nice run. In fact, I think we came pretty close to hitting the bull’s-eye. Hopefully tomorrow we can make some small changes and pick it up a bit.

“However, what we have to do now is take whatever we did right with this car and apply it to Jason’s, so we can have two fast hot rods for race day. That’s the beauty of a team car. I know he’ll be in the right hand lane in the first round, but I believe what we learned tonight will help him get down that lane tomorrow. He’ll have his hands full, but if he does his job driving, we should be able to sneak around into the next round and start over.

“Of course, our focus tomorrow is going rounds, plain and simple. It’s all we can do at this point. We have to find a way to go the distance and hope our opponent stumbles a bit. We certainly can’t count on that, so we just have to take care of things in our control. We have to have a perfect day, and accept nothing less.”

Established in 1968, Summit Racing Equipment is the leading high performance parts and accessories company. Summit Racing offers the largest selection, lowest prices, and best customer service in the high performance industry via catalogs, Internet, and Retail Super Stores. The company is headquartered in Tallmadge, Ohio with retail locations in Tallmadge, Ohio; Sparks, Nevada; and McDonough, Georgia.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back