Fourth at Seattle Qualifying Midpoint, Anderson looks for Improvement on Saturday (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]One week after battling to find horsepower in the Colorado altitude, the Pro Stock contingent returned to more normal conditions during the first day of qualifying at the NHRA Northwest Nationals in Seattle, WA. With a full 1,400+ horsepower at their disposal, the “factory hot rods” routinely clicked off times in the low 6.6-second range, three tenths quicker than a week ago.

Among the leaders in this highly competitive category was Greg Anderson, whose Summit Racing Pontiac made two consistent 6.63-second runs. Anderson’s best effort of 6.633-seconds, which came in the evening session with the second fastest top speed of 209.43 mph, placed him fourth midway through qualifying. Despite his lofty ranking, the Minnesota native looked to use his final two attempts on Saturday to better his performance.

“I expected a little more from our run tonight, so I’d have to say I’m a little disappointed,” said Anderson. “Our top speed shows our Summit Racing Pontiac is good in the back half, but we seem to be missing something in the early part of the run, and we have to find out why. One thing that would certainly help would be some cloud cover. I know the folks up here in Seattle are enjoying these unusually warm temperatures, but I would sure like to see a c ouple clouds move in tomorrow morning to cool things off a bit.

“We’re in the hunt, but our hot rods aren’t happy. The bottom line is that we need to make these cars happy to put ourselves in contention to win, and that’s what we’ll be working on for tomorrow.”

Established in 1968, Summit Racing Equipment is the leading high performance parts and accessories company. Summit Racing offers the largest selection, lowest prices, and best customer service in the high performance industry via catalogs, Internet, and Retail Super Stores. The company is headquartered in Tallmadge, Ohio with retail locations in Tallmadge, Ohio; Sparks, Nevada; and McDonough, Georgia.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back