Sport Compact at US Nationals (1 Viewer)

I echo Dan's comments. I have watched these SC's since the beginning, and while I am intrigued by their performance, I am equally unimpressed by their lack of consistency. Very, very seldom do you actually see two cars race side-by-side. Plus, after all these years haven't these guys figured out how to get these things to leave the starting line? Just look at the RT's and you get some idea of how poor these cars work in the first 60 feet. I can understand some of the problems with the FWD cars, but the RWD cars are using old world technology, and their lack of consistency is baffling. Yes, they have an abundance of power, but drag racing is more than just building power; it's making use of that power. And in this respect these guys just don't measure up.

Pat

How are the prorear cars using "old Technology"?

After your statement, I fully understand where you are coming from as far as consistency goes. I thought you were referring to the numbers that the cars were running. Hopefully today they will put on a better show.

After your statement, I fully understand where you are coming from as far as consistency goes. I thought you were referring to the numbers that the cars were running. Hopefully today they will put on a better show.

I appreciate your understanding and apologize since my choice of words was open to interpretation and should have been more clear. I suppose they came out of some sort of frustration at not seeing what I know these cars are capable of.

Like you, I'm hoping that they will drop a few jaws when they run in front of the huge crowd here.

How are the prorear cars using "old Technology"?

Gary, the Pro RWD cars are nothing more than a lightweight pro stocker. They use the same clutch, transmission, rearend, four link, wheelie bars, etc. The old world technology to which I refer is the chassis/driveline, not the engine combination.

Don't get me wrong, I like these cars. With the proper amount of chassis tuning the class could make for good side-by-side racing, rather than what we see today.

Pat

The chassis is the same as a prostock car
Brad's car Is the same chassis that rick Jones builds for
All of his prostock cars
And they have to be 2350 lbs

The chassis is the same as a prostock car
Brad's car Is the same chassis that rick Jones builds for
All of his prostock cars
And they have to be 2350 lbs

That's what I said!!! The reference to weight is, their engines are quite a bit lighter than a P/S car. That gives them quite a bit of weight that they can move around the car. It's called chassis tuning and from what I've seen, only a few understand what the hell they are doing. Brad seems to have a handle on it most of the time, but most of the others don't. Just look at first round from yesterday and tell me who knew what the hell they were doing in Pro RWD. I've seen the same thing in Chicago, Topeka, Dallas, E-Town and everywhere they run these cars.

Pat

Man, that Pro RWD final was just plain embarrassing. How do these guys ever think they are going to win over any converts when they go out and put on a show like that? Before they try to build any power they better figure out what makes a car work, and how to keep it in one piece. That was flat ugly!!!

Pat

Pro Front represented well:
W/L Driver R-Time E-Time Speed

(W) Gary Gardella ('07 Cobalt) 0.028 7.335 197.59
(L) Jason Hunt ('07 Cobalt) 0.048 7.412 200.02

Man, that Pro RWD final was just plain embarrassing. How do these guys ever think they are going to win over any converts when they go out and put on a show like that? Before they try to build any power they better figure out what makes a car work, and how to keep it in one piece. That was flat ugly!!!

Pat

If you think It's so easy. You go out and try It Keyboard crewchief:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes

PRO RWD
on the two runs that we (Titan) had a good pass in Qualifing.

Gary 60 foot 1.01
Brad 60 foot .992

So we are getting of the starting line just fine.

Baadal were you at Indy? I got a pic of one guy that looked like you in my Indy album lining up one of the Titan cars at Indy.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back