So you're Alan Johnson (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
And you have a seat to fill. Money doesn't really seem to be an issue but you want to win. Keep in mind Alan does win. In the last 15 seasons, he has run a Top Fuel car full time in 12 of them and in those 12 years he has won 10 Championships. the other 2 years 99 and 09 his car finished 2nd.

So who would you put in the car. Alan is not going to make an emotional decision, he will pick the person that he believes can help him continue to win. Also as I said money doesn't look like an issue, however if I had to pick between Driver A who wanted to be paid a bunch of money and Driver B who could bring extra funds to the team, given equal talent I think I would take the extra cash. Wouldn't you?

So who do you pick and why?

Alan

First thing I did is looked at who doesn't have a ride next year and also has t/f experience.
I picked Melanie Troxel. She is a good experienced driver, has driven t/f,:) and is a big crowd favorite. She would be a good fit with the Alan Johnson organization.

I think Melanie Troxel would be a great addition to AJ's team. She has great skill as a driver, in many types of cars, prior experience in TF, and is very marketable. I have no doubts that she could perform admirably in a car of that quality and the pressure that comes with it.

AJ, bring Melanie to the Al-Anabi team in 2012! :D

EDIT: Terry, you and I are on the same page.

I'd pick me because I think I rule!

In all seriousness, the best driver out there (in my opinion) who doesn't have a ride right now is JR Todd. He'd be my choice.

Skuza!

Ok, I know, it's been a while... lol

On a serious note, my vote would be to get Scelzi back on the track (I feel the team would be certainly able to accommodate his needs for time at home, and they do have history..)

Others...

Melanie
Brandon
JR Todd
Bazemore (if he wanted to come back)
Possibly Brittnay Force..

Money aside and just looking to win id go get some Shawn langdon...One of the best pure drivers out there in my opinion.

I would definetely take a driver who could bring cash versus one who couldn't given they have the same talent, you can never have too much cash.
My choices would be:

Whit Bazemore
Gary Scelzi
Tommy Johnson, Jr.

I picked these guys because I think they would fit in the best with the Al-Anabi team, are all excellent drivers and because I just like all 3 of them. Especially Baze! People may not like him but he talked to me for around 10 minutes at Topeka one year after I got his autograph and he was a very genuine person and surely didn't have to do it but did.

Pretty tough for me to argue anybody in front of Melanie. I would probably put Langdon right there simply because his reaction times are consistently stud, but Melanie just seems to have some pretty serious balance and brings what I believe to be the best total package.

Sean D

Like Mike, I would choose ME! However, since I'm not positive I could bring an extra 6 or 7 figures to Alan by Pomona, and, I'm not licensed in TF, my serious candidate would be: Cory Mac.

And you have a seat to fill. Money doesn't really seem to be an issue but you want to win. Keep in mind Alan does win. In the last 15 seasons, he has run a Top Fuel car full time in 12 of them and in those 12 years he has won 10 Championships. the other 2 years 99 and 09 his car finished 2nd.

So who would you put in the car. Alan is not going to make an emotional decision, he will pick the person that he believes can help him continue to win. Also as I said money doesn't look like an issue, however if I had to pick between Driver A who wanted to be paid a bunch of money and Driver B who could bring extra funds to the team, given equal talent I think I would take the extra cash. Wouldn't you?

So who do you pick and why?

Alan

If this is an opportunity where the driver position is available and does not require money to brought to the team, i'd like to see the ride go to someone who does not have the means to "buy" the seat and who has previously demonstrated the ability to win ie Fuller,Todd, or Melanie etc.

would love to see Whit, but i think it would be Melanie or Cory Mac, unless the driver has to bring some cash, if that's the case, who knows.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back