Small vs. big teams (2 Viewers)

I would definitely start my own team, I think it would be fun to have a team of "young guns" run by a veteran like Tim Wilkerson my funny car team would consist of the following,

"Matt Hagan"
"Daniel Wilkerson"
"Courtney Force" (if I could steal her away from John which would be unlikely)
"Leah Leduc"

I think they would all be great drivers plus that team would be a marketing dream.

AHH how cool it would be to be unbelievably wealthy :D

You have just hit on the reason why I started this thread. If you help the small guys, you are helping teams that are not marketing machines. If you start your own team and are wealthy enough, you don't need sponsorship, so you don't become a marketing machine.

I think it would be great if a team was not beholden to a sponsor, a sponsor whose dollars could go away the next year because someone decided to pull the plug. Granted, I could lose my money, but I am making the assumption that my money (or your money) is not a problem, ever. I cannot say the same for sponsored teams...

Also, since there is no obligation to a sponsor, appearances can be limited to what the team/driver wants to support. I myself would want to go to high schools and give a demo of the car to kids in shop and give them something to think about. So much about top fuel car can fuel (no pun intended) dreams, be it driving, tuning, wrenching, machinist of sweet chunks of aluminum, etc...

Another would be to raise awareness of the sport, or do something that is good for the sport. Increasing attendance would be awesome. Working on safety issues would be another. For instance, I would some of that independent wealth and design crash barriers that work, and get the team ro raise money for fallen racers, or put a huge infusion of cash into DRAW.

There are other things I can think of, but I want to stop my response before it gets too windy. Which may be too late...

Tom, if we had a high enough pile of dollar bills to do this, we would try to start our own top of the line team. We would try to get Tommy Johnson, Jr. and his wife Melanie Troxel to drive the cars, but not knowing anything about their current contracts, it might be easier to find a contact lens at the bottom of the ocean. But like the man said "You can make a small fortune in drag racing, you just have to start out with a very large one!" Great post by the way!!!

I'd start my own team and would bring Dale Pulde, Jeff Diehl, Tony Shortall and Mark Oswald on board and have Steve Plueger throw together a couple of cars and be a team advisor. The cars would have retro "paint" schemes and we would only run Pomona, Phoenix, Gainesville, Vegas, Topeka, Englishtown, Indy, Dallas, Las Vegas and Pomona again....

I'd start my own team and would bring Dale Pulde, Jeff Diehl, Tony Shortall and Mark Oswald on board and have Steve Plueger throw together a couple of cars and be a team advisor. The cars would have retro "paint" schemes and we would only run Pomona, Phoenix, Gainesville, Vegas, Topeka, Englishtown, Indy, Dallas, Las Vegas and Pomona again....

this would entice me........reminds me of pisano cars:cool:

If I was sitting on a pile of money, I would seek out a team currently parked. Just the thought of being able to be involved with a professional team is mind blowing for me. I would also build a nostalgia funny car.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back