Small vs. big teams (1 Viewer)

flapjack

Staff member
Nitro Member
If you had more money than you knew what do with, would you

(a) help every small team with parts and the like, or (b) start your own team?

Help a team already in place that need the help..... they would appreciate it more and have a base line of knowledge to get going....

many of the part time teams know what to do they just don't have the funds for parts replacement that generaly needed to be compeditive each run or weekend....

but thats just my thoughts...

Billy

If I won the lottery and had millions to blow I think I'd help out some smaller-budget teams.

If I won the lotto, I'd actually get out of racing. Take my money and be happy, I dont need the stress lol

Hey Tom, great post. Like most people. I wonder what i would do if i hit the lotto. It would be so cool to help a team you've watched struggle through the years. A team that shows promise, one that can't seem to get over the hump. I;m thinking for me personally, maybe herbert, mcmillin,fuller,sampay, the usual suspects.I think I could pull this off. Find out what they need, decide if I want to dole out the cash, and stay out of their way(probably the hardest part). I would also add vandergriff to my list. Thanks Mike.

i have little to no interest in owning a big show team, at least not one that is campaigned full time....i'd rather go to Force or Shoe with X-amount of money and ask to be put into one of their cars

...i'd rather have an NFC as my own car

Last edited:
Well, for me - 2 things would happen. #1, I'd be living on a rather large boat somewhere off the Florida coastline. #2, Don, Connie & The Sheik would be running all thier cars in the CWHRA (Chris Wilt Hot Rod Association) because I would buy NHRA and make some "changes" LOL :D

Well, for me - 2 things would happen. #1, I'd be living on a rather large boat somewhere off the Florida coastline. #2, Don, Connie & The Sheik would be running all thier cars in the CWHRA (Chris Wilt Hot Rod Association) because I would buy NHRA and make some "changes" LOL :D

Your forgot John. :D

I'd put my butt in the driver's seat and maybe hook up a smaller team as a second car. Densham would be cool to team with as well as a few others

My 2 cents

If I had the money (and it would have to be alot of money)

I would spend a year or so shadowing a nitro FC team. Probably pay some team some money for them to teach me EVERYTHING from A to Z. Every part and piece of the engine, what it does, how it works.. everything.

While doing that, I would take a solid couple of years and get driving expierence - Starting with a few slower classes progressing through faster cars, working into alcohol for a year, then into a fuel car.

Although, now that I think of it... I don't think I would be able to do it. Once you have a family the risk (and learning time - dedication) might not be worth the reward. Maybe just buying a team would be the way to go. Then just show up at a few races a year and have fun with it.

I would team up Densham with Tim and Dan Wilkerson and throw millions their way.:D

Yup.. I have thought of this one a few times.

Dan Wilkerson no question. Car would be just like dads, but red, black and silver with blacked out wheels. It would say Paul Ryen Songas in the same font as Levi Ray & Shoup down the side.

Dream Dream Dream. :D

This one's a no-brainer - If I won the lottery and had the money, the NHRA Nitro Funny Car contingent would have to deal with Chuck Beal's nitro Funny Car! ...after I bought my beautiful wife a new street car of her own, of course. ;)

oh and beyond hooking myself up, Steve Johnson would have at least 2 of whatever he wanted

I would definitely start my own team, I think it would be fun to have a team of "young guns" run by a veteran like Tim Wilkerson my funny car team would consist of the following,

"Matt Hagan"
"Daniel Wilkerson"
"Courtney Force" (if I could steal her away from John which would be unlikely)
"Leah Leduc"

I think they would all be great drivers plus that team would be a marketing dream.

AHH how cool it would be to be unbelievably wealthy :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back