Sad About Missing Reading Eliminations (1 Viewer)

FireSafetyGuy

Nitro Member
Hello All,

I am new to nitromater, but have been following NHRA for several years. I watch every event, and if I have a conflict with espn's air time I DVR it. And I try to avoid any news of how the events turn out so the "element of surprise" is not lost when I watch it.

With that said, I am at a complete loss for how Reading turned out. Did espn do any further programming to televise the event? I'd like to see it.

Part B of my post is why I joined nitormater in the first place. I am so sick and fed-up with espn for preempting NHRA programming in favor of dumb stuff like busch series qualifying (ho hum!); and further not making it up to NHRA fans when their events don't fit into their silly timeslots.

I know this is not a new subject. I am just really frustrated, and I want to join a bandwagon that will tell espn what for, when it comes to the second-class treatment NHRA gets. I really think a good avenue is to get PowerAde on board with it, by letting them know how many of us there are.

I'd appreciate any ideas or suggestions. The writer guy from fastmachines.com also said to me that he was going to write an article suggesting some kind of email notification system for fans to keep us abreast of the air time changes and so forth. I like his idea, but I still desire for espn to give drag racing better consideration.

Looking forward to this community,

David

Welcome aboard the board.

As far as preempted shows go, we will have to accept it till NHRA is seen as a value to ESPN and NHRA no longer has to pay to have air time. NASCAR is paid to have ESPN and afflilated channels cover them.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back