Rumor Is True (1 Viewer)

not good. don't understand why someone can't make a decent living owning that track. you don't have to be a wealthy yacht owner. just enjoy your place
as an owner and promoter in a beautiful, warm climate. ...... how come northern tracks can exist, and even prosper, with barely a 6-7 month season? and even make improvements?
yet PBIR is potentially done, to be forever a memory. pretty sad. seems that bradenton and orlando have thriving business. what is different at PBIR that would force it's sale and closure?
bob, you should ask JR to buy the place.........if you look at the place on google earth, there is certainly a lot of land between the hwy and the actual raceway. enough it seems for a fairly large
building. why can't PBIR build and lease? instead of selling outright?

not good. don't understand why someone can't make a decent living owning that track. you don't have to be a wealthy yacht owner. just enjoy your place
as an owner and promoter in a beautiful, warm climate. ...... how come northern tracks can exist, and even prosper, with barely a 6-7 month season? and even make improvements?
yet PBIR is potentially done, to be forever a memory. pretty sad. seems that bradenton and orlando have thriving business. what is different at PBIR that would force it's sale and closure?
bob, you should ask JR to buy the place.........if you look at the place on google earth, there is certainly a lot of land between the hwy and the actual raceway. enough it seems for a fairly large
building. why can't PBIR build and lease? instead of selling outright?
It's called take the $$$ and enjoy the rest of your life.

Yesterday's front page of the Palm Beach Post:

View attachment 8709
I screen grabbed the article.

PBIR.PNG

Context: Beeline Hwy (Also known as SR710 I believe) is the main road leading to BPIR. It's nearly all straight, few traffic lights and rarely patrolled by LEOs. In other words, perfect place to try out a few acceleration runs in your new set of wheels.... lol.

Context 2: Caloosa is an equestrian community near the track. HOA community that despite the lots being 5+ acres each prohibit people from constructing any outbuildings on the land that isn't a barn (So say goodbye to the dream of buying a house there and putting up a 10 car garage). Their residents are often known as the "whine and cheese" crowd of the equestrian community.

Future headline:

"Local residents fed up at uptick of illegal street racing on Beeline Hwy in wake of race track's recent closing. Caloosa Residents upset over the lack of police patrol on Beeline Hwy and want extra cops there."

Well crap,raced there a few times,was hoping for a miracle

Seems it was the track owner that needed to file for the "use" permits, not the "lessee". From all the work thats been done there, I think he was invested in the opening. Don't know the communications behind the scenes, but someone dropped the ball.

I drove past PBIR yesterday and noticed a couple of surveying crews working the property, makes me think that the track is on it's way out.

Latest news on PBIR is that the track turned down a bid from Formula Race Promotions, a group wanting to keep it a racetrack and will sell to a company who wants to build industrial warehouses on the property. I hate to say it but the track is going away...

It's official, an Atlanta based real estate company - Portman Industrial L.L.C. - has a contract to buy the 149 acre racetrack and will tear it down to build warehouses. When the track will shut down is not known at this time but I'm guessing by the end of the year.

It's official, an Atlanta based real estate company - Portman Industrial L.L.C. - has a contract to buy the 149 acre racetrack and will tear it down to build warehouses. When the track will shut down is not known at this time but I'm guessing by the end of the year.
Man that just sucks...

google map of florida. typed in 'walmart distribution centers'. there are 9 in the state, including the 9th and newest pin already dropped on PBIR location.
incredibly sad.

Another article was published yesterday in the Post. The article states that the track will remain open until probably March 2022 when the deal is finalized. This way they can get the winter season races in.

I hope they have a Last Race. When Lions closed, it was a shock to everyone, but at least we had a Last race. arghhhhh

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back