RIP Jay Eshbach (1 Viewer)

I have several of his company's parts in my dragster. Great stuff from a great innovator. Good Speed.

So sorry to hear this. We met in "67 at San Fernando Raceway, Jay was helper to Phil Pointer who ran a BBC T/F car. We said goodbye in April "68 when I left for a job offer back home in Minnesota. He got ahold of me 8 months later to ask why my T/F car shorty body was still sitting at this "famous" painter's shop since January. I explained it was paid for before I left as he got to it and I'd got nothing but excuses since!
He called again 3 weeks later to ask for an address to ship as it was now painted, carefully packaged and ready to send. He shipped it, and would never accept a dime, even when we met again when I moved to San Diego in "72 ! We sort of stayed in touch since, a good man !

So sorry to hear this. We met in "67 at San Fernando Raceway, Jay was helper to Phil Pointer who ran a BBC T/F car. We said goodbye in April "68 when I left for a job offer back home in Minnesota. He got ahold of me 8 months later to ask why my T/F car shorty body was still sitting at this "famous" painter's shop since January. I explained it was paid for before I left as he got to it and I'd got nothing but excuses since!
He called again 3 weeks later to ask for an address to ship as it was now painted, carefully packaged and ready to send. He shipped it, and would never accept a dime, even when we met again when I moved to San Diego in "72 ! We sort of stayed in touch since, a good man !
What painter would that be👀

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back