Jay Roach (1 Viewer)

kegs

Nitro Member
I just read on Facebook that Jay Roach passed away last night. Jay was the car owner and tuner on the Top Fuel car that Arley Langlo drove. Jay recieved a lot of flack for blowing stuff up but he was one of the neatest and smart guys I ever knew.

I am sorry to hear of Jay's passing. He did things a little differently as an innovator and quietly helped many teams. He will be missed.

I attended Jay Roach's wake today at his J&S Speed and Machine shop. Tons of people including some well known drag racers and Bonneville competitors. Hardly a dry eye and some funny stories. Does anybody remember his tow car with the twin Paxton blowers that used to break the tires loose even pulling a trailer? Jay helped a lot of people.

In Spokane one year Jay popped the hood of that old Dodge truck and showed off those twin Paxton blowers. He smilled and assured me there was NO lack of towing power there!
While picking up some block repairs at his place, I was treated to seeing Jay's flow bench. No one who ever saw it run could have forgotten the smoking old 318 chrysler engine that drove the pumps. It was a real oil burner, let me tell you, but he just grinned and said it did the job. :D
He was a real character who did things his own way - and who could forget that haircut.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back