Danny Townsend RIP (1 Viewer)

jgrigz

Nitro Member
I just read on several Facebook pages that Danny Townsend has passed away. He used to dominate here in Division 3 and always seemed to either win or runner up in TA/FC back in the 80s and 90s. Before that, he won a lot with his roadster. He was a great competitor and a super nice guy. He will be greatly missed.

I just read on several Facebook pages that Danny Townsend has passed away. He used to dominate here in Division 3 and always seemed to either win or runner up in TA/FC back in the 80s and 90s. Before that, he won a lot with his roadster. He was a great competitor and a super nice guy. He will be greatly missed.
Great racer and person. Always enjoyed spending time with him at the races. The Fiat, Bantam, and his BB/FC's were all first class. R.I.P.

Last edited:
Being from D7, Danny was a name In D3 I would root for. I thought he had a pretty bad crash at one point.? Seemed nothing would get him down.

Godspeed Danny!
townsend_hs_250.jpg

One of my favorites as a kid. His bantam is still is one of my favorite race cars. In our house growing up and even now with my racing daughter, if there is something that happens where someone is caught right at the end, we call it a Townsend.
Just a week or two ago I was trying to poke around to see if he was still doing anything.

Thanks for the great memories Danny

Being from D7, Danny was a name In D3 I would root for. I thought he had a pretty bad crash at one point.? Seemed nothing would get him down.

Godspeed Danny!
View attachment 13608
As I recall, he had a horrible crash at National Trail that ended his career. He enjoyed a long, successful career in Division 3.

grew up watching him. rip mr. townsend. ....... pretty sure this was danny's TAFC? cordova, late 80's

Attachments

• Cordova_TAFC.jpg
    Cordova_TAFC.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 65
My dad hung around Danny for quite a while years ago dating back when Danny still ran the fiat in A/Altered. Dad and I used the same machine shop guy by the name of Bill Smith in the Muncie Indiana area for years and that's how we met

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back