Remembering Eric............... (1 Viewer)

force fan

Nitro Member
The closer it gets to Gainesville the more he is on my mind. I can't believe it has been 2 years already. Seems just like it was yesterday!!!! Miss you Eric, your fans are always thinking of you!!!!! Now I gotta go have some ice cream!!!!

Not a day goes by that I don't think about Eric Medlen. Even on Sunday nights race from Phoenix when Mike Neff was on the telephone with John Medlen and you could hear his voice I had tears in my eyes. I will for as long as I live never ever forget the day I got the telephone call and was told that Eric was no longer with us. Even though his visitation/funerals was a beautiful event. It was by far the worse day of my life!!!!!:confused::(

Only God Knows Why?:confused::confused:

I know what you mean!!!! I was there that fateful day and I will never forget it. I was ready to give up on the sport I loved and then I seen John Medlen back out there and that changed my mind. Thank you Mr. Medlen for giving me the strength to continue to follow this sport. I will always cherish the last moment I got to spend with Eric. I took my friend with me to meet him and she was telling him that she was going to bring her kids to an NHRA event and he told her to be sure to bring ear plugs. That was typical Eric always thinking of the kids!!!!

I took these pics at the Vegas Pre-Season test sessions in '06 ... They have become some of my most cherished pics that I shot myself. He is missed ....

Click Image for larger image:

AND

Oh, y'all....this time of year reminds me of Eric and the loss. And also, the extremely emotional Houston/Baytown race, the erie missing of the Force team and the fact that everyone who knew anything about the sport endured a 3 hour rain delay that Sunday. And of course.....Capps winning and the tribute of the whole team holding up number 4 for what seemed like hours. The Winner's Circle in the dusk....all the visions I have of all the teams holding up number 4 with their hands. It was surreal.

The best part was the conversation with my kiddo on the way home.....

"Mom, this was all about Eric." And then he shook his head and looked at me. Driving, I looked at him a couple of times, then said...."Yes. It was. And we were there. Do you know how special that was?" He responded "Um, yeah...I brought it up." Teenagers.....LOL

Wow...just wow.

Still missing Eric....it really hit home on Sunday when Neff was talking to John Medlen after the race....I just kept thinking and praying that John will be ok.

Oh, y'all....this time of year reminds me of Eric and the loss. And also, the extremely emotional Houston/Baytown race, the erie missing of the Force team and the fact that everyone who knew anything about the sport endured a 3 hour rain delay that Sunday. And of course.....Capps winning and the tribute of the whole team holding up number 4 for what seemed like hours. The Winner's Circle in the dusk....all the visions I have of all the teams holding up number 4 with their hands. It was surreal.

The best part was the conversation with my kiddo on the way home.....

"Mom, this was all about Eric." And then he shook his head and looked at me. Driving, I looked at him a couple of times, then said...."Yes. It was. And we were there. Do you know how special that was?" He responded "Um, yeah...I brought it up." Teenagers.....LOL

Wow...just wow.
Damn Kelly you got the tears going again!!!!:(

It's so true! I just did a road trip from MN to Kissimmee, FL and back. As I was headed south on 75 in FL, I saw the road sign for Gainesville and immediately Eric popped into my head.

Even now just seeing that grin in a picture makes the heart wince.

yeah, I think about Eric daily, his picture centered on my desk shelve, which brings me to thinking about "Eddie", which brings me to thoughts about where do we go from here.

Which brings me John Medlen, hoping things work out ok there, and Conrad.

Which bring Love for both of those very strong Men...

and Eric, maybe you and Scott can find my granddaughter and teach her about grandpa's love for this thing of ours.

d'kid

Yes, my wife and I think about Eric often also. We will always have such great memories about him. Back in 2004 the Wednesday night before Nitro Funny Car Q1 at Pomona was the Dave & Buster's pre-race party at Ontario Mills in Ontario. John and Eric arrived late and the place was packed and no tables. My wife Jayne asked John and Eric to join us at our table, and they did! What a night it turned out to be!!!

One great moment was when the 'Speed Freaks' had John, Eric, and Brandon Bernstein come up and play the "Who has the most Ca$h in their wallets"! John and Eric both had under $100, and Brandon had around $300. Then, John brought down the place saying, "Yah, But he doesn't my limit on his American Express card"!!!

I've posted the pics from that night on my site, here's the link.......

Public Home | ClarkOdenPhotography | Fotki.com

Hope you enjoy them!
Clark

You guys have some truly great pictures and memories of EM, and from the bottom of my heart, I thank you for sharing them here. He is missed by all of us. No doubt, he's "had his Pops' back" up there the last couple weeks....

Eric, we miss you.

Eric
Angel_anim.gif

Had some ice cream today, sugar-free coconut-pineapple:

2u3w3rn.jpg

Yep
bought me some ice cream today
think ill have me a bowl tonight
we miss you eric!!

when i was watching the race on sunday every time they interviewed Bob Tasca i was kinda reminded of Eric. Bob seems to be bubbling with energy all the time and u can really tell he truly enjoys what he is doing which was very similar to how Eric came across.

Eric chasing John

One of my favorite photos of Eric chasing down John is in my NitroMatter photo album, however I do not know how to post it here. Check it out.

RicK Shute

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back