Racing at Tierp Arena, Sweden (1 Viewer)

Motorsports is simply a bigger deal over there than here. We went to the finals in Santa pod last year and the place was packed out. In two days of racing, I saw no bracket or breakout racing of any kind. That has to be part of the reason.

Here is another thread with talk from Tierp.

http://www.nitromater.com/nhra/33710-jonnie-lindberg-tafc-tmfc-268-86-mph.html

Several new European records set in todays eliminations too. The finals at Santa Pod should also be great. I've been to Santa Pod numerous times and that is a great place to watch racing... when it doesn't rain of course!! I really want to get to an event in Tierp asap!! This weekend will definitely go into the record books as a great race in European Drag Racing. TF final just finished and a new national record set again there. It changed several times throughout eliminations. Stand out run of the weekend definitely belonged to Jonnie though. Peter Svensson's 5.769 aboard his fuel bike, whilst not as quick as the runs he made at the same race last year, a 5.76 is nothing to sneeze about.

Mike.

From whichever continent you look out, the other man's grass is always greener.

Luke N. above makes a good point.

Santa Pod is the only track in Britain that runs FIA-level racing, so it has a national monopoly if you want to see the big cars in action. Otherwise, you have to travel abroad.

With a 60-plus million population in these small islands (land area about the same as Wyoming), we'd always welcome more coming through the gate.

Peter Svensson's 5.769 aboard his fuel bike, whilst not as quick as the runs he made at the same race last year, a 5.76 is nothing to sneeze about.
Very much so.

Cannot recall someone running a Top Fuel Bike to 5.76, 5.77, and 5.82 over the same weekend. Anywhere, anytime.

This is after detuning the motor after this winters blower switch.

About their 5.709 record run last year. That was the only 5.7 that weekend and it was "backed up" outside the 1% with a relatively slow 5.86. The other 5's that weekend were "only" two 5.92s

They also ran a 5.72 at Santa Pod last Championship race of 2012.

And Larry McBride is of course the only one in history having run all 5-second runs through a full race weekend.

Regards
PiPPi

Very much so.

Cannot recall someone running a Top Fuel Bike to 5.76, 5.77, and 5.82 over the same weekend. Anywhere, anytime.

This is after detuning the motor after this winters blower switch.

About their 5.709 record run last year. That was the only 5.7 that weekend and it was "backed up" outside the 1% with a relatively slow 5.86. The other 5's that weekend were "only" two 5.92s

They also ran a 5.72 at Santa Pod last Championship race of 2012.

And Larry McBride is of course the only one in history having run all 5-second runs through a full race weekend.

Regards
PiPPi

I cant recall a weekend with back to back impressive ets like that either. However Elmer's weekend at the Prostar Indy race had memorable back to back ets for that time. Did Peter switch to a bigger blower over the winter Pippi? Are they running the finals in two weeks? I didn't see their name on the entry list yet. If the weather is good we might see some more excellent runs. The new surface seems to be pretty good. Looking forward to hearing your commentary over the webcast.

Mike

Did Peter switch to a bigger blower over the winter Pippi? Are they running the finals in two weeks? I didn't see their name on the entry list yet. If the weather is good we might see some more excellent runs. The new surface seems to be pretty good. Looking forward to hearing your commentary over the webcast.
Hello Mike. Yes, they switched to the latest version of the Swedish blower from JM Tech/HPS Superchargers, the 2.1 RC (small world, that shop is just ten minutes down the road from here).

No, The Svensson Brothers will unfortunately not attend The European Finals. Yes, the new surface was real good at the Main Event in May and should be a load better now.

Thanks, I'll be doing my best. In English this time. Will be crewing for Jimmy Ålund as well, I get to clean tables and film the launches, but, hell, "someones gotta do it" ;)

Regards
PiPPi

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back