R2B2 Doing Big Things at PBIR (1 Viewer)

Because Roger Burgess couldn't afford it that's why!!!

Most of the racers are quite happy with 10 events from what I hear. Some have a hard enough time being at all 10 now. If the number of races were increased, there would be a big drop in racer attendance, IMO.

Re: R2B2 Pro Mod Doing Big Things at PBIR

Nope. Variable vectoring exhaust tbat gimbles on the run to provide thrust / downforce as required. Look for an emergency edict from NHRA before next weekend.

you're absolutely right NHRA will kill this great idea. Just like they did years back with the variable top fuel wing angles. No innovation please – cookie cutter only.

Most of the racers are quite happy with 10 events from what I hear. Some have a hard enough time being at all 10 now. If the number of races were increased, there would be a big drop in racer attendance, IMO.

With just about ALL Pro mod style racing going 1/8 mile, be glad there's any 1/4 racing at all!

you're absolutely right NHRA will kill this great idea. Just like they did years back with the variable top fuel wing angles. No innovation please – cookie cutter only.
He was joking, they came to the line with it in different angle configurations for testing, but it's a cool idea to have it adjustable.

He was joking, they came to the line with it in different angle configurations for testing, but it's a cool idea to have it adjustable.

the starting line videos show exhaust flat
the comp plus 'chute' photos show exhaust tilted
no way to discern if the exhaust is fixed or moves..........had me wondering;
seems like something worth trying?

No kidding? That's a brilliant idea! :cool:

I thought the same thing. Last season when J. Diehl's header came off and he launched in the air like a space shuttle, I was wondering how much of the exhaust pressure could be used to propel a car forward rather than just downward. This is an awesome application of the idea.

Too bad the fun police will probably squash it. Is there really so little room for innovation in the sport any more? I's a crying shame, really.

the starting line videos show exhaust flat
the comp plus 'chute' photos show exhaust tilted
no way to discern if the exhaust is fixed or moves..........had me wondering;
seems like something worth trying?
Actually when you look at the two starting line videos above, in the first one the exhaust is definitely flat, the second one is angled up some.

I've heard of a few racers in outlaw classes trying a cellunoid that adjusts it through the course of a run. Sounds like a great idea in theory

I thought the same thing. Last season when J. Diehl's header came off and he launched in the air like a space shuttle, I was wondering how much of the exhaust pressure could be used to propel a car forward rather than just downward. This is an awesome application of the idea.

Too bad the fun police will probably squash it. Is there really so little room for innovation in the sport any more? I's a crying shame, really.

Why not allow costs to spiral completely outta control, that only racers as wealthy as Roger Burgess can afford to field a car?? And people wonder why 1/8 mile has taken over Pro Mod!

Why not allow costs to spiral completely outta control, that only racers as wealthy as Roger Burgess can afford to field a car?? And people wonder why 1/8 mile has taken over Pro Mod!

I don't think the cost of a moveable exhaust nozzle is gonna put anybody out of business...

I wonder what Big Daddy would have to say about that line of thinking? If we stifle every innovation for the sake of keeping the playing field level, then the sport is as good as it is ever going to get right now. Under that line of thinking, why not just set everything up IROC-style in spec classes and may the best driver win? No thanks...

I wonder what Big Daddy would have to say about that line of thinking? If we stifle every innovation for the sake of keeping the playing field level, then the sport is as good as it is ever going to get right now. Under that line of thinking, why not just set everything up IROC-style in spec classes and may the best driver win? No thanks...

I bet Big Daddy would agree the costs of racing have gotten out of control! Anytime someone comes up with some innovation that displays any kind of advantage, everybody will need one to compete! You have just made racing more expensive!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back