Pulde and the War Eagle (1 Viewer)

I love those old Funny Cars. I really loved it when the cars were "named" not just a sponsor on the side of it. The paint jobs of the good ole' days were awesome too.

My dad had some great names for his cars including "The Tijauna ***** Posse" (he had the cutest little rat painted on it!), "The Pleasure Seekers" and Dave Oberhofer & Sons (that was before he knew Jon was a boy!!!) It was a guess!

Those were the days!!!

That is a sharp looking car! I see Mike Hambys name isn`t on it though, huh. Man, these nostalgia cars sure take me back to when I was a kid leafing thru SS&DI.

This is the car I really want to see on the Nostalgia circuit, best looking flopper of alltime imo.

NHRA.com Photo of the Week presented by Auto Imagery

I just spent most of the past week with someone who was an owner in the 70s. He says Al is out driving trucks over the road.

I liked the Powers Sundance Monza recreation; too bad it blew up. The new Camaro is pretty sweet too; I like that he put Denny Savage's name and number on it. The Powers Steel Corvette was pretty wild-looking back in the day; that car was pushing the boundaries in styling and that was over 25 years ago. I don't like the new Powers Firebird body but it is better than the original Powers Spaceship Firebird from a few years ago. Powers is the boss so he gets to call the shots; I would rather see Dale Pulde driving a Powers Spaceship than sitting on the sidelines.

1_4_60_large.jpg

GG-050706033.jpg

Powers Firebird

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back