Pomona Tickets & Seating Question(s) (1 Viewer)

Nick

Nitro Member
Hello,

I will be attending the finals this year (Fri, Sat & Sun) and I haven't been since 2005. I am trying to make sure I buy the tickets from the best vendor, and pick the best seats. So I have a few questions below.

1. Where is the best place to but tickets for the finals?
2. As far as reserved / General admission, what is the best day to sit in reserved as opposed to general?
3. Is there an advantage to sitting closer to the starting line? (I never have sat closer than 1/2 track.)
4. Any special tips to reserved seating as far as picking the best seat?

Thanks everyone! Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
I like pitside seating on Thu, Fri and Sat. We usually just stand at the fence. Sun we sit on the other side (Sec. C or D) and I don`t think there`s a track on the circuit that puts you any closer to the action. You are right on top of the cars. Only drawback is it`s no alcohol, but that`s usually okay after being on the pit side for the past two or three days.

I like pitside seating on Thu, Fri and Sat. We usually just stand at the fence. Sun we sit on the other side (Sec. C or D) and I don`t think there`s a track on the circuit that puts you any closer to the action. You are right on top of the cars. Only drawback is it`s no alcohol, but that`s usually okay after being on the pit side for the past two or three days.

I agree about the west grandstands. Great view, very close (you can feel the heat of the header flames in the right conditions). There's both reserved and GA on that side also. If anyone goes up to the rail, security is on them immediately to go sit down. I also believe the port-a-potties are cleaner on that side. On Thursday and Friday (no access to west grandstands), I'm a half-track, half-way up the pit-side stands person. Great view of the starting line all the way down to to the sand. Always manage to find people I sat with the year before. On Thursdays and Fridays there are LOTS of students who are bused in. About half of them are interested, the other half constantly go up and down the stairs staring at their "devices" with no concept that they could be impeding anyone else's view. Oh, and if you are in the position to take the Metrolink to the track for Sunday... it lets you off right behind the tower... just walk right in. Just be mindful of the time the last train runs. One year I watched (actually listened to) the TF final from the platform, things were running late and I didn't want to take a cab home.

I agree about the west grandstands. Great view, very close (you can feel the heat of the header flames in the right conditions). There's both reserved and GA on that side also. If anyone goes up to the rail, security is on them immediately to go sit down. I also believe the port-a-potties are cleaner on that side. On Thursday and Friday (no access to west grandstands), I'm a half-track, half-way up the pit-side stands person. Great view of the starting line all the way down to to the sand. Always manage to find people I sat with the year before. On Thursdays and Fridays there are LOTS of students who are bused in. About half of them are interested, the other half constantly go up and down the stairs staring at their "devices" with no concept that they could be impeding anyone else's view. Oh, and if you are in the position to take the Metrolink to the track for Sunday... it lets you off right behind the tower... just walk right in. Just be mindful of the time the last train runs. One year I watched (actually listened to) the TF final from the platform, things were running late and I didn't want to take a cab home.

I tried sitting on the Spectator side at Pomona on a Friday once, it was Super Hot on that side! But you are close to the action over there I will admit!

If you are interested in tickets for only thursday and friday there is a fantastic deal from AAA.
If you are a AAA member go onto their website and Pomona is advertised. If you purchase a friday ticket onlineyou will get a free thursday ticket and $8.00 off the friday ticket. So the ticket for both thursday and friday is $25.00 total. It must be purchased online and printed out on your computer.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back