Please !! (1 Viewer)

ON race day, I avoid this place like the plague. I DVD record the race to watch it later in the evening after the sun goes down and I come inside for the day. I refuse to waste a perfectly lovely summer evening (And we had a great one yesterday.) sitting inside, watching TV.

I dont' really care either way. It seems like a reasonable request to me, and it definitely didn't seem to warrant a smart ass retort. I would bet there are others that feel the same way, but just didn't feel they had enough "Mater Cred" :rolleyes: to speak up about it. I don't see how it would be taking away from anyone else's enjoyment.

I'll 2nd that Greg. I agree with the request and I didn't think twice about it when I read it. I personally stay away on race day myself but I wish I didn't have to. I would like to come on and read about issues from qualifying etc... without worrying about seeing who won the current round. If I see a thread titled "results" or something similar then I would just avoid it but at least I would have a choice.

Look, I cant watch until monday nights after tap dance class- :eek::eek:
So please- no more talk about who won until tuesday mornings- :D

More than a few listen to the semi live audiocast- emotion runs deep- poop happens- things get posted- and we are to blame that you came to a DRAG RACING site and are appalled that we are talking about it?? seriously?? wow- :rolleyes:

BTW- Audiocast replaced Results, so you may want to avoid that area as well...

I understand- but get real

I usually listen/look up Round 1 and then wait for the broadcast to see the rest. I don't get on the computer at all until then. I don't even check my e-mails! Oh, sure...there are the races that I can't wait for the airing. Usually, those are at the end of the season. <ahem> I'm thinking that will be ALL of them now, starting with Indy. ;)

C'mon people. You can't blame the ones who want to talk about it for YOU finding out. Just step away from the computer and enjoy your life!

I can't speak for anybody else. All I was saying is that I can understand the original post. I'm not "blaming" anyone and I'm certainly not even close to being "appalled" by results being posted or discussed. I understand BOTH points of view on this debate. I just don't see it as being an unreasonable courtesy.

Sure makes me glad I didn't try to demand it... :p

I guess any kind of request on a message board is unreasonable to some people??

Jon, I really didn't think it was unreasonable, I guess I'm just used to not coming on here on Sunday afternoons. I don't see what the big deal is with putting the term spoiler in the name of the thread. Although if I knew ESPN was going to put the results on the crawler than I would have been on here yesterday afternoon.

I usually listen/look up Round 1 and then wait for the broadcast to see the rest. I don't get on the computer at all until then. I don't even check my e-mails! Oh, sure...there are the races that I can't wait for the airing. Usually, those are at the end of the season. <ahem> I'm thinking that will be ALL of them now, starting with Indy. ;)

C'mon people. You can't blame the ones who want to talk about it for YOU finding out. Just step away from the computer and enjoy your life!

Kelly I wasn't blaming anyone.. I just made a very simple request so that I wouldn't have to avoid the MATER on Sundays.. I avoid all threads that have titles stating who won or lost on Race Day.. Although sometimes when reading a thread about qualifying I'll run into who won or lost. That's OK it's was part of that discussion. I don't have a probleme with that at all.. Just a simple request not to title threads with Sunday's results. Sorry that to some it's sooo unreasonable..

Dave-
Appalled was not a very good word- surprised is better

Jon-
Its not unreasonable- but it is unrealistic

I have never started or added to one of those threads you are talking about, but I also never gave it much thought about some waiting to watch a taped broadcast many hours later...

My dad may show up and root on Capps, but I dont tell him he lost 4-6 hours earlier either- :eek:

Like I said- I understand

Oh, I'm not arguing that one side or the other is right or wrong.....just avoid undo stress. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'. ;)

I don't think there is anything wrong with the request. On other message boards that I frequent it is a common courtesy not to reveal "spoilers" in the thread title. However, I am also one that avoids the 'Mater on Sundays if I don't want to know the results as I know that someone usually lets the cat out of the bag.

Although I don't agree with the request, I do see it used and enforced on
a mixed martial arts board I frequent.

Thread titles containing results are prohibited.

Instead, they have threads devoted to particular fights where people can discuss things before, DURING, and after a fight's TV air time.

I learned NOT to look on Mater come Sunday for that reason. Someone has to post play by play what happens in Elims as if we won't find out on our own!:confused:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back