Phoenix weather! (1 Viewer)

No Offense to you Phoenixites , but between Fireturd dumping the Alky cars and Vegas getting built. I don't Miss that Race one Ioooda!:p

No Offense to you Phoenixites , but between Fireturd dumping the Alky cars and Vegas getting built. I don't Miss that Race one Ioooda!:p

I don't know, Joe... Driving an hour from Tucson and sleeping in my own bed when the day is done totally outweighs flying up to Vegas and dealing with all that doo-doo, especially when I'm with the kids.. True, The 'Turd isn't the most appealing of tracks, but it's close and its Nitro cars, so it's alright with me (and a bunch of my buddies that are driving up as well)...:)

80 and sunny in Tucson... The PGA is LOVIN this place!! And since its Match Play, it's kinda like the golf version of drag racing (64/32/16/8/4/Final Round on Sunday)

I went to that race one year and it was such a blast! A SG Vette that I designed got best appearing car while I was there so it was an extra sweet weekend!

Well - went out today to deliver cards and pick up credentials. Nothing has changed. Fuel pits are so overloaded with hospitality areas that several fuel teams are pitted off "the hill" among pro stock and comp teams. If any of these teams win a round on Sunday, it's going to be a battle just to get back to make the turn for second round.
Weather - 30% chance of light rain "early" Friday - clearing rapidly. We're heading out at 11:00 (with umbrellas) for meetings. Stay tuned!

...Fuel pits are so overloaded with hospitality areas that several fuel teams are pitted off "the hill" among pro stock and comp teams. If any of these teams win a round on Sunday, it's going to be a battle just to get back to make the turn for second round...

DejaVu all over again, huh? :rolleyes:

https://www.nitromater.com/nhra/4637-hospitality-neighborhoods.html

"Not to suggest the elimination of hospitality tents and trailers (a necessary evil to keep sponsors paying the big bills), but maybe consideration of a lineup of cars and WORKING trailers could be done on one or two rows of the pits, with all the hospitality zones being on the opposite row, just in front of the tractors, so that the entire row is nothing but the hospitality tents and trailers, a neighborhood, if you would (Private access to the row would be a plus). The "honored guests" get to do whatever they do, have visual access if they are so interested and do the schmmoze thing, and the fans get a better (re: less obstructed) view of what many of them are there for in the first place."

I'm planning on wearing comfortable shoes.. Unless I can borrow a pit bike, Jim :D

Well - went out today to deliver cards and pick up credentials. Nothing has changed. Fuel pits are so overloaded with hospitality areas that several fuel teams are pitted off "the hill" among pro stock and comp teams. If any of these teams win a round on Sunday, it's going to be a battle just to get back to make the turn for second round.
Weather - 30% chance of light rain "early" Friday - clearing rapidly. We're heading out at 11:00 (with umbrellas) for meetings. Stay tuned!

Let me guess Jim, the Teams that got parked off the Hill were the Independents?

330am nice clear weather. NOTE TO JIM, Erica Enders has no photo cards, might be a potential customer, she was handing out, OWN this team small papers.........poor thing

Last edited:
8:00 AM
Fully overcast. We're headed to San Diego for a wedding this evening then turning right back around to make it for Saturday at the "Turd."
See you all then?

Saturday Mater meeting, Doc? Pick a time and location....

Drive safe and have a great time at the wedding!!!

I work nights and just got up, its cold and breezy guess it sprinkled for a second of two and there back to racing my phone call just said, off to the track

Let's See,

Three pages of "The Sky Is Falling" whining about the weather preditions.

A half dozen (or more) posts about why you hate the track.

The QUICKEST RUN IN FUNNY CAR HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!

The third quicket run in Top Fuel History

All the track records shattered. A number of COMP runs better than the record (at an altitude track)

Just curious, why do you go to the track? (Any track?)

If you go to see the action in between the walls, then Firebird is as good as any. The pits are an easy walk from the stands. The prefered parking is an easy walk from the stands. The free parking is an easy shuttle ride around the lake.

If you want to stay home and bitch about the place, then stay home. You can listen on the net, or watch on ESPN and catch all the history that you could have seen in person. I hope you enjoy the broadcast.

Alan

It didnt really rain because I didnt wash the car :D
We got a few drops in the stands but that was it..

Let's See,

Three pages of "The Sky Is Falling" whining about the weather preditions.

A half dozen (or more) posts about why you hate the track.

The QUICKEST RUN IN FUNNY CAR HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!

The third quicket run in Top Fuel History

All the track records shattered. A number of COMP runs better than the record (at an altitude track)

Just curious, why do you go to the track? (Any track?)

If you go to see the action in between the walls, then Firebird is as good as any. The pits are an easy walk from the stands. The prefered parking is an easy walk from the stands. The free parking is an easy shuttle ride around the lake.

If you want to stay home and bitch about the place, then stay home. You can listen on the net, or watch on ESPN and catch all the history that you could have seen in person. I hope you enjoy the broadcast.

Alan

And who said guys don't suffer Menstrual cycles?
See you all at the track today!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back