Phoenix weather! (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
Monday @ 7:00 pm - We're getting hail! I've been here for 30 years and have never seen conditions change like this. Highs for the weekend are supposed to be in the 60's with lows in the 30's. Round 2 on Friday could produce "mineshaft" RDA or we might have a very cold track. Should be fun to see how fast tuners can adjust!

I thought the weather map showed a pretty good spot of rain over Arizona and sounds like you got a good downpour. Those temps for the weekend sound excellent. Mineshaft conditions as you say. :D

Hope we get a nice cool spell in mid March for the Gators. 80 degrees and humidity won't cut it so send some of that cool air our way again. We just had a really cold weekend, probably too cold for fuel cars, but this coming weekend is back into the 80's.

Monday @ 7:00 pm - We're getting hail! I've been here for 30 years and have never seen conditions change like this. Highs for the weekend are supposed to be in the 60's with lows in the 30's. Round 2 on Friday could produce "mineshaft" RDA or we might have a very cold track. Should be fun to see how fast tuners can adjust!

I can only wish to see a high in the 60's, today was the first day above freezing in weeks!

I'll be there on Friday afternoon. Pomona was great, I hope Phoenix will be too!! :)

Pomona should have been a lesson to race fans - screw the weather forecasts, they are wrong at least half of the time. I have seen some great races run right under a green blob on the Weather Channel maps and the promised rain at Pomona kept moving back a day at a time, then it only delayed eliminations for less than two hours and the track was pretty good all Day Sunday..

One thing I've learned about Arizona weather and its weathermen: If its nice, it'll stay nice, but once it even resembles anything else, look out! The weather forecasters in this state have it easy- predict 300 days of sunshine and try to be on your game for the other 65.

Forecast that we are seeing for the Phoenix area from down here in Tucson is like Doc said- 60's and 30's, precipitation possible for friday, clearing saturday and a great race day on sunday... Hope our forecaster's 7 day is on point- Is there a Mater meeting on saturday yet?

LOL..that's funny..weather forecast for Phoenix!! Hey where is that short/T's sh!t eh?? After 20+ below wind chills where I live..I find that rather hilarious.

Hey Doc!!! Wassup?

I can only wish to see a high in the 60's, today was the first day above freezing in weeks!

McDonald's offered me a promotion to VP in 78 if I relocated to Chicago from Anchorage - told em I wasn't moving to someplace colder than Alaska! - :D

Army car ran 4.44 at the Firebird Time Trials with help from Firebird crew's best track prep ever. I believe Tony was quoted as saying it was clicked before the finish line and could have been a .39.
My son and I were at the finish line at Firebird when Tony ran the first 330 -
we'll be there this weekend for what could be a very historic event!
FIRE 'EM UP!!!!!

FIRE 'EM UP!!!!!

Jim,

SHUT UP :p I would seriously love to be out there. I hope you get to see the times fall dude, it might just happen. Enjoy :)

I'm not going to wash the car until after the weekend, otherwise it will rain for sure :D

Might have to wait 2 weeks, div 7 opener is the following weekend... :cool:

I'm not going to wash the car until after the weekend, otherwise it will rain for sure :D

Might have to wait 2 weeks, div 7 opener is the following weekend... :cool:

Please don't wash your car any time near March 24 either; there is a Nostalgia Nitro meet in Tuscon that day; supposed to be a field of eight funny cars and a field of eight AA/FD dragsters. My car is going to be getting pretty dirty in the near future. Monday March 26 sounds like a good day for car washing; that will give plenty of time for the weather gremlins to disappear before the Nostalgia Nitro Shootout in Fontana on April 21.

After that Pass a Ton of Folks were waiting for autographs. Tony was in the Motorhome but he came out and saw me said Hey! I had him sign his first Herocard that read 330 MPH! That's a Keeper!

Hey Jim and Doc... what's the 5 day lookin like from your forecasters? 90 miles south is hearing about a Friday washout, and a questionable Saturday... any better predictions up there? The PGA is already starting to cringe as the Match Play event is going to be smack in the middle of the mess for the big TV rounds..

BTW-Mater meeting scheduled yet?

Last edited:
The comp racers are probably hoping for some rain on Friday-I don't think they want to race first round on Saturday morning when the temp will be (at best) in the low sixties-the index bashing would be unbelievable.

Sounds great- really looking forward to coming up on Saturday!! (First time I will be home for the PHX race in YEARS :D - I'm usually on a tour by this time of the year, and catch races everywhere BUT home)...Seems like conditions will be perfect! I second that- FIRE 'EM UP!!!

hush up, I forgot the weather prediction and can only go on Friday, at fanfest I bought a ticket, got in the car and rememberd that I was going to wait til I got there Friday to buy incase of rain darn it!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back