Pat Austin Story (1 Viewer)

I enjoyed the Austin's several double up victories. And Pat Awesome, what a nickname!

Now this is going to look like a slam on Pat but really I would like to commend him for following his own star. I was not surprised when he got out of the car and always thought the 429/NHRA fiasco was not the primary reason Pat retired.

I only said hello to the guy a couple of times but 'from the other side of the ropes' about the only time Pat looked happy at the track was the winners circle. Several times when I got home from an event and devleoped the pictures I snapped of the Austin pits, Pat was glaring or grimacing as though he just didn't want to be there. And apparently, he did not.

I have followed Pat all through his racing career and I am happy to have watched and I am also happy that he has found peace with his family.

Hmmmmm I wonder what happend to all that Boss 429 stuff??? A lot of series today would welcome it with open arms...... cough..PMOD..cough...

I'm just saying....;)

jim

I was a wet behind the ears punk working the lanes when these guys pulled into Woodburn with an old mustang funny car perviously owned by Mike Miller. This kid I never heard of was getting his licence in the car. Well the rest is history.

Does anyone remember why a BOSS 429 type engine would be rejected by NHRA in the alcohol ranks?

A FORCE FUELER IN THE FUTURE?

Torco’s CompetitionPlus.com has learned from an unimpeachable source that Brittany and Courtney Force’s foray into Top Alcohol Dragster is a precursor for Top Fuel. In years past, Ford had no qualms about declining a Top Fuel team because, simply put, dragsters didn’t sell Ford cars. The key to this scenario is Force’s development of the Ford motor for nitro racing. Reportedly, the highly anticipated Ford motor will run in the A/Fuel Dragsters.

I don't know if this is the same version of the boss 429 that Walt and Pat wanted to run, but if JFR wants to run a ford motor, do you think NHRA is going to tell him no? Gawd, what a freaking double standard!

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back