Pasadena Man shoots burgulars (1 Viewer)

Joker

Nitro Member
I dont know if this has made national headlines or not, but I thought I would see everyone's opinions on this. A 61 year old man here in Pasadena the other day heard glass break and went to inspect. He found that 2 guys had broken into his next door neighbors house so he called 911. He preceded to stay on the phone for over 5 minutes with the 911 operator. The problem is he grew aggitated that no cops showed up, and the guys were leaving. So he told the operator he was going to kill them and then the operator todl him to stay inside or your gonna get hurt. He then said, "You wanna bet?" and said "There leaving, I'm going outside."

So he went outside in his yard with a 12 gauge shotgun, told them "move and your dead" (you can hear it on the 911 call) and then a few seconds later you hear a few gun shots. He killed both of them. He said they charged him and he opened fire. So now comes the tricky part. Basically it boils down to Texas laws. Most, especially his neighbors are calling him a neighborhood hero and think he should get a medal and then we have Quanell X (Houston's own Jessie Jackoff) picketing in front of this gentlemen's house yesterday saying its a hate crime, pre-meditated murder, etc. I have listened to the whole tape and not once does he say anything about the skin color, and if its pre-meditated murder I would think he would have killed them first then called 911. I honestly believe that he didnt want to shoot them, but they tried to leave and the cops still hadnt showed up and he wasnt going to let that happen. If the thugs would have listened they'd probably be in jail right now instead of the morgue.

Now granted I dont think Mr Horn should have said "I'm gonna kill them" but he did. The way I look at it is 2 thugs down, 10 million more to go. I dont think anything should happen to him. Matter of fact, the house next door is vacant and I hope he moves in.

Just wondering if you all had heard about it or not. Its "The News" here. To me, thats whats wrong with this nation in that criminals have more rights it seems than law abiding citizens.

Last edited:
I say thumbs up. Unfortunately, if he's white, their not, someone will call it a hate crime, even if that wasn't his intention.

But I say make him sherrif....

saw it this morning on abc gma......
the law i think will show he's guilty of murder; he had no title or position
that would grant him the authority to carry out these acts.
furthermore, he had no way of knowing what those two guys were
doing at his neighbors house - he may have taken his best 110%
educated guess, but guesses won't hold up in court.
vigilanty justice is not the answer.
the real story here is how the 911 operator kept his composure, although
in the end he had no effect.

personally, the shooter probably saved his county/state a lot of tax dollars.
this will be interesting to follow - what kind of sentance will he get?

Well He is 70 some years old and both robbers were from Puerto Rico (or thought to be), so here in Texas, I'd guess He'll probally get 10 years probation. Depends on what the nieghbors say too, but I doubt He will do jail time. My Grandpa would have done the same thing if He were still around.

saw it this morning on abc gma......
the law i think will show he's guilty of murder; he had no title or position
that would grant him the authority to carry out these acts.
furthermore, he had no way of knowing what those two guys were
doing at his neighbors house - he may have taken his best 110%
educated guess, but guesses won't hold up in court.
vigilanty justice is not the answer.
the real story here is how the 911 operator kept his composure, although
in the end he had no effect.

personally, the shooter probably saved his county/state a lot of tax dollars.
this will be interesting to follow - what kind of sentance will he get?

He wont I dont think and I think thats the right verdict. There isint a jury in the state of Texas who would convict him unless they rig the jury selection.

In Texas, you have the right to protect your property and also stop theft, car jackings, shootings, etc even if its not yours plus if the neighbor says he asked him to protect his property, then there isint really anything they can do to him. Not to mention, and what most of the media is leaving out, is yes they broke into his neighbors house and he shot them, but he shot them in HIS yard.

If they charge Him it will probally be manslaughter and they will plea bargin ten years, probated. He will be required to attend monthly visits to an Officer, will have to remove all alcohol, firearms and weapons from his residence, also He cannot frequent any establishment that serves alcohol. He was obviously really shaken up by it all, anyone with a consious would be, I know it has to be a shock, even though He shot the bad guys here, they still died, I'm sure Gramps blood pressure was about 190 over 120 when the police arrived. He is more than welcome to move into My nieghborhood.

YAY! I'm glad all my neighbors would do the EXACT same thing....as would I! God bless Texas!

WTF? He should be awarded a medal, not an indictment!
No, he doesn't.
He was told, by an officer of the law, that assistance was on its way, and to stay in his house. He disregarded that advise / direction from an officer of the law.
He keeps claiming that he has the right to protect himself, which I agree with, but he was safe at home on the phone, with a loaded shotgun should his domain be penetrated. Fair enough.

He is told by the dispatcher not to leave his house, and that officers are are their way.

He then stated, while still safe in his house "Ya hear the shotgun? I'm a goin"

He then walks out of his house and shoots the 2 men over a few hundred dollars. That was not his.

Vigilantism is not a good thing combined with firearms and crazy old men.

Had he not called 9-11 and made tape of his intentions he may very well have got away with murder.

No, he doesn't.
He was told, by an officer of the law, that assistance was on its way, and to stay in his house. He disregarded that advise / direction from an officer of the law.
No, he was told by a dispatcher, huge difference. That's like saying the doctor told you something when it was actually the receptionist.
He keeps claiming that he has the right to protect himself, which I agree with, but he was safe at home on the phone, with a loaded shotgun should his domain be penetrated. Fair enough.
So? He was asked by his neighbor to watch his place while he was gone.
He is told by the dispatcher not to leave his house, and that officers are are their way.
The dispatcher has absolutely no authority to tell him to do anything.

He then stated, while still safe in his house "Ya hear the shotgun? I'm a goin"

He then walks out of his house and shoots the 2 men over a few hundred dollars. That was not his.

Vigilantism is not a good thing combined with firearms and crazy old men.

Had he not called 9-11 and made tape of his intentions he may very well have got away with murder.
I guess you're not familiar with Texas law. I suggest you read more about it before making yourself appear more incorrect. Their safe castle laws are very generous and if the neighbor asked him to watch his place while he was gone then he has the same rights to protect as if it was his own property.

If the gentleman did, indeed, shoot the burglars on his own property, and not on his neighbors, then I believe he had every right under Texas law to shoot to kill.

Even if the burglars were still on his neighbors property, I don't think there is a jury in Texas (well, maybe down in Austin...) that would convict him of any crime. The DA might succumb to what little PC pressure is exerted and file some type of charge, but a jury sure as he// won't convict. Nor should they.

We don't take too kindly to stealin' down here...

Anyone know if these burglars were illegals?

"Hang 'em High!" :D

If the gentleman did, indeed, shoot the burglars on his own property, and not on his neighbors, then I believe he had every right under Texas law to shoot to kill.

Even if the burglars were still on his neighbors property, I don't think there is a jury in Texas (well, maybe down in Austin...) that would convict him of any crime. The DA might succumb to what little PC pressure is exerted and file some type of charge, but a jury sure as he// won't convict. Nor should they.

We don't take too kindly to stealin' down here...

Anyone know if these burglars were illegals?

"Hang 'em High!" :D

No one is saying if there were illegals or not, but I know that atleast one of them was from the Dominican Republic. Maybe both, but I know for sure one. There keeping that pretty tight lipped b/c its been asked several times but no one will answer which almost makes me believe they probably are.

Thanks Justin,

It sure will be interesting to see the final outcome of this incident.

Especially in light of the recent announcement the SC will take up the issue of gun laws in the very near future...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back