O'Bannon looking to bounce back in Sonoma (1 Viewer)

O'Bannon looking to bounce back in Sonoma

SONOMA, Calif. - NHRA Top Alcohol Funny Car rookie Sean O'Bannon and the Tequila Patrón/Forest River RV's team will be looking for some redemption at this weekend's Fram-Autolite Nationals at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, Calif., following a disappointing outing last weekend in Seattle. Persistent rains shortened qualifying to just one session in which O'Bannon's Dodge Charger encountered heavy tire shake that eventually lead to him crossing the centerline, disqualifying his only run.

O'Bannon, 28, of Fontana, Calif., is ready to put Seattle behind him and rebound this weekend in Sonoma.

"We knew with the weather it was going to be a one shot deal," said O'Bannon. "It started to rattle the tires pretty hard in low. I stayed with it as long as I could, then pedaled it. When I pedaled it, it just shot me over the centerline into the cones. I'm more disappointed about crossing the centerline than not qualifying. Unfortunately, we didn't get another chance to make the field, and our weekend was over. All you can do is learn from it and move on."

"We have a good weather forecast for this weekend, so hopefully we'll get all three qualifying shots," O'Bannon continued. "Sonoma is a fast track with good air, so hopefully we can step this Tequila Patrón/Forest River RV's Dodge Charger back up. Our teammate Alexis De Joria has been running good her last few outings and they have learned some things that will help our car.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back