O'Bannon makes the show in TAFC debut (1 Viewer)

O'Bannon makes the show in TAFC debut

FONTANA, Calif. - Former NHRA Top Alcohol Dragster standout Sean O'Bannon was able to qualify for a tough field in his Top Alcohol Funny Car debut during this past weekend's Division 7 Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series event at his home track, Auto Club Dragway at California Speedway in Fontana, Calif. O'Bannon carded a 5.788 second elapsed time in the Tequila Patrón/Forest River RV's Dodge Charger to make the show.

O'Bannon, 28, from Fontana, used that 5.788 at 247.16 mph to qualify fifth in his Sam Shockley tuned machine. In his first round match up with Dennis Taylor, both drivers left together, but it was Taylor taking the win with a 5.778 at 247.66 mph to O'Bannon's right-there 5.797 at 246.93.

"We had a pretty good cross wind on Sunday," said O'Bannon. "About the last 300' it pushed me over on the centerline pretty good. I still couldn't see Dennis, so I stayed with it and just hoped I could keep it off the line. I had the wheel cranked as hard as I could to the left, but it still kept drifting right. It was just a good close race. Neither one of us knew who won on the other end."

"Here at Jack O'Bannon Racing, we're definitely not content with just qualifying," O'Bannon continued. "But we're also realistic. With as many good cars as there is out here in Division 7, it's no easy task to qualify. Considering this was our first race with the car, we're happy things appear to be heading in the right direction. With Sam Shockley and Randy Anderson calling the shots on the tune-up, I'm confident the car will be up to speed very soon. I just have to keep working to learn these Funny Cars. They can have a mind of their own sometimes. Hopefully it won't be long before we put this Tequila Patrón/Forest River RV's Charger in a winner's circle."

O'Bannon will make his national event debut in the Jack O'Bannon Racing Tequila Patrón/Forest River RV's sponsored entry at the upcoming O'Reilly Summer Nationals at Heartland Park in Topeka, Kan., June 1-3.

About The Patrón Spirits Company:
Headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada, the company's eight distinctive products now share the Patrón label; Gran Patrón Platinum, Patrón Añejo, Patrón Reposado, Patrón Silver, Patrón XO Café, Patrón Citrónge, Pyrat Cask 23, Pyrat XO Reserve. Each brand is the finest in their category. The newest, Gran Patrón Platinum, is an extraordinary triple distilled pure tequila. Patrón Tequila is today, the world’s number one ultra premium tequila. In 2004 & 2005, Patrón Tequila was recognized with the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences Five Star Diamond Award. Patrón is the first spirits brand ever to receive this prestigious honor. Patrón Tequila continues to set new sales records every year.

To find out more about Jack O'Bannon Racing's quality partners, visit these websites:

The Patrón Spirits Company - Find out more about the world's number one tequila - Tequila Patrón.

Forest River : Producers of RV's | Cargo Trailers | Boats | Commercial Vehicles - Find out more about America's largest producer of towable RV's and Cargo Trailers.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back