Noise Barriers (1 Viewer)

Is the Bruce Williams your talking about the same one that gave financial advice? Haven't heard Bruce in years.

ABSOLUTELY! More business, insurance, and real estate advice than financial. Longest running talk radio show in America. You won't hear about him in the rest of the media due to his conservative leanings. He's on XM channel 165 from 7-10 PM, Mon-Fri. His show alone is worth the subscription, to me.

Someone on this board once said that he saved their butt due to his constantly advising people to NEVER buy or sell any piece of property without having an attorney represent you, going over contracts (which were drawn up by attorneys for the other party, always in THEIR best interest). Just like insurance. You usually won't need it, but that one time when you do.

Check out the books available under the Radio Merchandise button. Pretty interesting bio, too.

"Bruce, at that time showing his remarkable sense of timing, ran as a Republican during the Watergate scandal."

Bruce Williams Official Website

Last edited:
Darr, thanks for the link but if you notice I never said that Fontana was going to close I simply said there had been rumors of noise problems at the facility. BTW, for those that wondered, when the new track moved to the opposite side of the facility the strip lost the huge noise barrier of the big circle track. It does appear all of this can be worked out. Never said the sky was falling!:)

Speaking of noise, Englishtown has been in a perpetual battle with neighbors over the years and it looks like DRO is indicating that they may finally be giving up on the battle. ::: Drag Racing Online ::: Columns - Agent 1320 - 4/23/2007. What a shame and loss for drag racing if this historic track was lost. However, for $200 million and no more lawsuits and aggrevation, I could definately see why the owners would be looking to get out.

Speaking of noise, Englishtown has been in a perpetual battle with neighbors over the years and it looks like DRO is indicating that they may finally be giving up on the battle. ::: Drag Racing Online ::: Columns - Agent 1320 - 4/23/2007. What a shame and loss for drag racing if this historic track was lost. However, for $200 million and no more lawsuits and aggrevation, I could definately see why the owners would be looking to get out.

Aaron, this story about Raceway Park being sold and turned into a housing development or industrial park, has been around for decades. When I read that on DRO, I went directly to one of the principle involved and was told that the rumor was not true. And "shame on anyone who starts it, and who posts it. "

The track is contacting DRO directly, to address this latest version of it.

By the way, has anyone tried to get into DRO this morning? I haven't been able to get into it. All the other sites, no problem. :confused:

Something I've wondered about when it comes to protecting drag strips, and other racing facilities. Where is SEMA? they are one of the best lobying organizations among government. They need to protect race tracks as much as they need to protect the rights to built/rebuild classic cars, hot rods, etc.

Some people just live to bitch,, and every neighborhood has them. What you need is an organization with aggressive attornies who are willing to go to bat against such whinners. Once you set a precedent in court, you got momentum on your side. We need to have a track beat back the encroaching residents and developers where they end up on the losing end. Once that seed has been planted, it will grow.

You say that like wives don't race.... don't get all greasy working on the car, are all "June Cleaver"... I think not...
Funny you should mention that Karl,
Last evening my son Dave and I were finishing up a new dragster while my wife spent her umpteenth hour in the interior of her new '73 Camaro. She's doing everything to the metal. Soundproofing, carpet, upholstery, dash, console, headliner, deck lid, etc. She's pretty good at this stuff. She's upholstered a dozen or so muscle cars we've built over the years and all of our boats to match the paint jobs.
Some guys are luckier than others, I guess? She's a June Cleaver-type too, in that she still has her first husband of 38 years, raised 6 kids and is a great cook and smiles a lot!

Oh, by the way, she doesn't complain about noise from tracks either since it is often us contributing to it?

SEMA went from the Speed Equipment Manufacturers Association to the Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association. It you go to the Vegas show it appears that every year the association gets further and further from it's racing roots. They certainly HAVE been all over State and Federal government when it comes to legislating old cars off the highways. They get my whole hearted backing when it comes to that but the racing part seems to be off SEMA's radar.

Hmmmm..a response from E-Town to the Agent.

::: Drag Racing Online ::: Columns - Agent 1320 - 4/25/2007

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back